PDA

View Full Version : Need help with version 18

Noobian
02-24-2005, 08:17 AM
MY SEQ box was running pretty well but I could not leave well enough alone. So, I tried to upgrade to version 5_0_0_18 and screwed up things once again, so I'm back looking for some help.

Here's what I did:

================================================== =====
export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
cvs login
cvs co -r v5_0_0_18 showeq
cd showeq
make -f Makefile.dist all
================================================== ====

And I got back:

Removing old files............................................. .....done!
Generating aclocal.m4 from configure.in...................make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

I've tried a couple of things and now I'm stumped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;
Noobian

uRit1u2CBBA=
02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I've had to run 'make -f Makefile.dist' twice. First time would generate an error, 2nd time worked.

And there as been no patches made public since cvs update. Are you trying to run this off of a pure cvs grab?

BlueAdept
02-24-2005, 12:37 PM
he is right. I seem to have it fail too.

I ran it a second time with something like make -f Makefile.dist configure and it worked fine.

It is kind of sad that Im still compiling a program for a game I dont play anymore :p

codepig666
02-24-2005, 10:01 PM
If running it twice doesn't help, please post your Makefile.dist.dbg file so we can see the exact error.

You might need to update your AutoConf/AutoMake packages

--piggy

Noobian
02-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Here is what I finally did to get it to work:

cd .. (back up one directory)
rm -rf showeq (completely removes the showeq directory)

started over with CVS and downloaded it all again

make -f Makefile.dist all (only had to do it once)
./configure && make && make install

SKITTLES!

Noobian

sea4th
02-26-2005, 10:55 AM
I think you need to upgrade some of your package / tools. You can search for the failing error which should eventually take you to this thread. I used these instructions to make RH7.2 and RH9 work for the current cvs updates this year.

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5211

I had previously upgraded the RH7.2 to QT3.3 and I had a number of problems getting that to work. You don't need QT3.3 but the one native to RH7.2 won't work . Given that you were working before 5.0.0.18 you probably have a QT3.1 or better.

ralkrasta
03-08-2005, 05:39 AM
I too am having this same problem. I just even updated my autoconf and automake stuff from the thread someone posted here. Before I did all this it would get to makefile.in from makefile.am and get the error that I am now getting on aclocal.m4. I tried it 10 times nothing changes. I also did a rm -rf on my showeq directory and redownloaded and still the same problems.

purple
03-08-2005, 06:47 AM
All that information is fairly useless without you telling us what versions of autoconf, automake, and libtool you have. Also, posting the relevant part of Makefile.dist.dbg will help. Otherwise you're just waving your arms and shrieking that you have a problem, which will only get people guessing at you or ignoring you.