PDA

View Full Version : Question about running EQ under Linux

DataSpy
02-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Hello, this is my first post here. I didn't know where else to post this question, so I thought this was a decent spot. I've been using windows for a extremly long period of time. I've tried linux a couple of times and it was cool but I would always wind up going back to windows. So I was think it's time to stop using windows all together, and full force switch to linux. Now to the main question, I was wondering if there is anyway to run everquest on linux. I read a couple articles online about it, but the only thing I could really find out is that it occassionaly works under wine. My friend told me about showeq and I was reading the faq today, so I thought since everyone here is into everquest this would be a good place to ask. Any help would be greatly appretiated, thanx in advance!

CeleSEQ
02-27-2005, 11:33 PM
I haven't done it for quite a while (not playing anymore, and been a while since I used this product anyway), but Transgaming does support Everquest on Linux. I found it worth the money to subscribe to their product... cost at that time was 5 bucks a month. That got me actual technical support to run EQ on linux using their software, which was called WineX at the time. It did work then, but it was a bit of a headache then. Their new product is called Cedega, and it's apparently a lot more advanced now, and smoothed out some of the things that were issues back then. It runs lots of other games too.

Their site is www.transgaming.org, and here's a link to Everquest in their games database. The * symbol means it's officially supported.

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=2325

DataSpy
02-28-2005, 02:33 AM
Thanx !!! :)