PDA

View Full Version : Can we have stickied the Map installer tarball?

Walpurgiss
02-28-2005, 07:07 PM
It used to be on front page while Zaphod's last release was still on front page, but now I can't seem to find it.

It was useful, and though it doesnt have DoN, it had just about everything else. And mapfiend currently cant seem to serve a riftseeker's map properly, and it is not included in the OoW map pack, or the 'all maps' pack that they offer.

So if anyone still has the link, could it be stickied possibly?

Thanks.

Fatal
03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Youre right, it is missing from the map packs..
wonder why that is.. oh yeah.. cause something in the map breaks seq. I don't use the .map files so I can't tell you what the problem is offhand. I'll take a look and edit the map so it stops fucking up.

In all honesty though, I dont see a reason to continue to support the .map format. They are less efficient, they take 20 times longer for the server to process that the .txt ones, and showeq supports the .txt ones now.

I dont mind keeping them hosted if theres a valid reason, but off the top of my head, I can't think of one.

purple
03-01-2005, 06:59 AM
I think you're probably right, but I'd take a look at your server logs and see if anyone is actually using it. If it's 1% of your users or so, then it's probably not a big deal. If it's 10%, maybe someone will miss it if it goes away.

I know I personally don't for the reason you stated. seq can deal with the sony map format. But I do use it for sony maps and the service is very much appreciated. Thanks for keeping it up so long.

Walpurgiss
03-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I didn't know it broke seq. The riftseeker map from the tarball install works for me perfectly though. I did find the link to it, and and this is it:

The showeq map install tarball (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5065)