PDA

View Full Version : 5.0.0.18 tarball?

coffeencream
03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
I was wondering if version 5.0.0.18 is past development stage and if it will be commited to tarball?

I read a post a while back that the rest of us less linux savy should just wait till the tarball comes out. Was just curious of when to expect it.

I tried to CVS it, was able to download but didn't know where to go from there. When I tried the make it mentions that I downloaded directly and that I should use tarball or I should use the help option. When I tried help option, it gave a list of different options and I didn't know what to pick from there.

I looked here, but again it uses tarball:how to thread (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5211)

So, suggestions please.

CeleSEQ
03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Well, Zaphod isn't very available for a while yet, and he's the release guy. I do have a tarball on my site, but it is NOT an official release tarball. I think I built it the same way Zaphod does, but I don't know for sure. Tanner and I both basically feel that it's not an actual full release til Zaphod rolls it, which is why our rpm and deb package versions are 0.x at the moment

Up to you whether you wish to use it. It's at http://gibbled.com/seq

I'd also note that since there isn't an official release, you have nothing to compare my tarball against. If I were malicious I could put evil things into the code and there would be no way to find it except by reading the code. I didn't, and you're free to read the code, but I'm just reminding people to think about trust before downloading source from just anywhere.

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Not like it's going to be a lot of help now - patch starts in 8 hours, which will most likely mean that a .19 will need to be generated.

coffeencream
03-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks much got it working.

Now I need to search if anyone posted the new DoN maps.

Won't the patch likely just be an offset, and not a full change?

CeleSEQ
03-03-2005, 10:13 AM
For maps, just go to mapfiend and grab the showeq format map pack for don and add them to your map directory. Although I don't have don, I'm assuming that those maps are ok since no one has mentioned any issues with the ones I packed in the RPMs and there've been quite a few downloads.

As with almost all changes, the first fixes are usually patches to existing cvs source and then those patches will be accepted at some point and a new point version committed.

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
The last few patches have had opcodes all twisted around.

I don't know if that's the case this time or not. We'll find out when servers come up (or decompiling people may already know.)

quackrabbit
03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
The last few patches have had opcodes all twisted around.

I don't know if that's the case this time or not. We'll find out when servers come up (or decompiling people may already know.)
No opcode changes for 3/3. =)