PDA

View Full Version : Compile Error

scoman
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I think this is a QT Error, but hopefully someone has come across this before.

Just got QT 3.3.4 to reinstall on a new machine (Ret Hat Enterprise WS Installed)
Downloaded lastest TARball (.18).

Compiled QT with no errors (That I know of), and started seq compile and near the end I start getting what looks like QT errors (Not sure thou)
Edited down for size .. But most errors are QString::setNum and QWidget::repaint(bool)
references.

Think a recompile of QT is in order ?

g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -g -O2 -o showeq main.o spawn.o spawnshell.o spawnlist.o spellshell.o spelllist.o vpacket.o editor.o filter.o packetfragment.o packetstream.o packetinfo.o packet.o packetcapture.o packetformat.o interface.o compass.o map.o util.o experiencelog.o combatlog.o player.o skilllist.o statlist.o filtermgr.o mapcore.o category.o compassframe.o group.o guild.o netdiag.o logger.o xmlconv.o xmlpreferences.o seqwindow.o seqlistview.o zonemgr.o spawnmonitor.o spawnpointlist.o spawnlistcommon.o spawnlist2.o spells.o datetimemgr.o spawnlog.o packetlog.o datalocationmgr.o eqstr.o messages.o message.o messagefilter.o messagewindow.o messageshell.o terminal.o filteredspawnlog.o messagefilterdialog.o diagnosticmessages.o mapicon.o filternotifications.o netstream.o guildshell.o guildlist.o bazaarlog.o itemdb.o gdbmconv.o ui_mapicondialog.o m_ui_mapicondialog.o -L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
spawnlist.o(.text+0x864): In function `SpawnList::SpawnList[not-in-charge](Player*, SpawnShell*, CategoryMgr*, QWidget*, char const*)':
/usr/local/qt/include/qwidget.h:814: undefined reference to `QWidget::repaint(bool)'
spawnlist.o(.text+0x124c): In function `SpawnList::SpawnList[in-charge](Player*,

((Several dozen more))

/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:973: undefined reference to `QString::arg(unsigned long long, int, int) const'
packetstream.o(.text+0x121a):/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:973: undefined reference to `QString::arg(unsigned long long, int, int) const'
interface.o(.text+0x37198): In function `EQInterface::setExp(unsigned, unsigned, unsigned, unsigned, unsigned)':
/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:973: undefined reference to `QString::arg(unsigned long long, int, int) const'
interface.o(.text+0x371b0):/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:973: undefined reference to `QString::arg(unsigned long long, int, int) const'
interface.o(.text+0x374ca): In function `EQInterface::newExp(unsigned, unsigned, unsigned, unsigned, unsigned, unsigned)':
`QString::arg(unsigned long long, int, int) const'

((Several dozen more errors - Same Type))

itemdb.o(.text+0x576a): In function `EQItemDB::item(unsigned char const*, unsigned, unsigned char)':
/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:961: undefined reference to `QString::setNum(long long, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/showeq-5.0.0.18/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/showeq-5.0.0.18'
make: *** [all] Error 2

quackrabbit
03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
did you make install the qt?

scoman
03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes Sir ..

./configure
make
make install

All 4 variables set as well.
( QTDIR, the PATH, MANPATH, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH )

CeleSEQ
03-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi Scoman,

I just built out the new tarball (released this afternoon about 3:30 EST) on RHEL4 WS, and didn't have any problems. However, you shouldn't need to use any non-standard versions of Qt. These are the stock packages you need to build from the tarball, as far as Qt goes:

qt-devel-3.3.3-9.3
qt-3.3.3-9.3

The newer ones you tried to install should work too, but they're not necessary.

If you continue to have issues with that, you can try my RHEL4 rpm from http://gibbled.com/seq if you wish.