PDA

View Full Version : Logging bug

BlueAdept
04-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I haven't used V5.xx of ShowEQ very long.

I found where the log files go, but something seems to be broken. It wont create the Raw.log file like 4.x can. Also the All Packets log doesn't seem to be working either.

Can anyone else verify this?

purple
04-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Raw logging goes inline with the zone log and world log. It's been like this ever since I started using seq, which isn't really very long considering *grin*

All Packets logging was working the last time I checked, but it's been awhile. It's called global.log.

purple
04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Note also that both raw and all packets logging will just dump compressed packets which unless you can inflate in your head isn't gonna be horribly useful. For the most part, zone, world, and unknown logs are the most useful for me at least.

purple
04-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Checked this out. It seems to be working ok the way I thought it was supposed to work. All Packets log -> .showeq/logs/global.log and shows all packets as taken off the wire
Zone log -> .showeq/logs/zone.log and shows communications with the zone server, post compression
World log -> .showeq/logs/world.log and shows communication with the world server, post compression
Unknown Zone data log -> .showeq/logs/unknown.log and shows received opcodes which aren't in the opcode db, post compression
View Unknown Data -> flag that causes unknowns to dump to console
Raw Data -> flag that causes World and Zone logs to also dump Raw (pre-decompression) packets

BlueAdept
04-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Hmm...

It has been a while since I looked at the logs. The last time I worked on the player packet, I thought it was from the raw.log. I guess I'm wrong.

purple
04-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Yeah, use zone.log for that and search for OP_PlayerProfile.