PDA

View Full Version : Alpha patch: multiple sessions on the same box

purple
04-19-2005, 07:56 AM
BA, here's an early patch that should stop your crashing with running two guys on one box. It will still flip flop between the two characters randomly, but it shouldn't crash anymore, which is a step in the right direction! I'm in the middle of this, but wanted to get you something you could use so you stop your crashing. Thanks for sending me the tcpdump that I can use to work on this. I really appreciate it.

This is alpha quality, so only patch this up if you are crashing or if you want to help out by testing this. These changes are in the underlying session networking code, so if I screwed up, you're gonna be boned. So if you're working ok and don't feel like alpha testing, leave this alone. All changes should only apply when session tracking is enabled.

That said, if you do try this and see any problems, bring them up.

This patch is off latest CVS, which should be the same as the 5.0.0.20 tarball. Please don't commit this to cvs, as I'm in the middle of something. I just wanted to start getting feedback if I'm causing problems with others.

Changelog:
- On OP_SessionDisconnect, only disconnect either zone or world, not both
- Move CRC check into the packetstream after the check for multiple sessions on the same machine
- Keep track of latched client port per stream and drop packets that aren't for that client port. pcap should be doing this, shouldn't it?

Attached: 5.0.0.20-purple4ba.patch.gz.txt (gzipped patch, remove .txt)

BlueAdept
04-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Your the best!

Thanks a lot.

Ever since they made the zoning quicker in the last patch, I really havent had too many crashes or switching of chars so it hasn't been a big deal.