PDA

View Full Version : Finding v5_0_0_20 for CVS Build

sea4th
04-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I prefer to use the cvs method to build a new release but I can only find v5_0_0_19 as a tag in cvs. Searching for "v5_0_0*" , or "cvs version" or "cvs tag" did not provide the answer. I read about cvs and piped the version info to more to see what tags were available but could not find v5_0_0_20 or 5.0.0.20 related tags.

As part of learning what SEQ is doing I will often edit the source patches or diffs manually and then recompile. But when things get out of sync it is handy to use the cvs to "reset" to a known starting point. And when SEQ breaks cvs provides the means to limp along and hopefully contribute something back to the project.

So I used the tarball and while it compiles on the speedy 233 Pentium MMX running FC2, I thought I would look some more and ended up creating this message. BTW, FC2 seems much slower than RH7.3 on a 233 and I may have to retrograde to RH7.3 and update the packages to work with SEQ.

Cryonic
04-25-2005, 10:11 PM
.20 is just what is in the HEAD of the beta branch. Guess it didn't get tagged. As for what is in it, just use the tarball and diff it from .19 and you'll know.

Tor K'tal
04-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I know the feeling, I went into the announcement/news section and checked old posts about the time I remember converting over from 4.x to 5.x. That leads me to a set of lines like this. (edited to be correct, I think)

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
$ cvs login
$ cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

That should get you the most current, but maybe run a

$ cvs update

before logout out (don't forget to log out)

$ cvs logout

Then you can just go into the showeq directory and do the following line to get the most current after a day or so from someone saying, latest version in CVS.

$ cvs login && cvs update && cvs logout

~ TK

purple
04-26-2005, 07:15 AM
But yes, you are correct in that there is currently no v5_0_0_20 label, but there should be. TK's command will get you the HEAD of the current dev branch, which right now happens to be the same as the 5.0.0.20 release.

Zaphod
05-01-2005, 11:01 PM
There is now a v5_0_0_20 corresponding to the files at the time of release. I just forgot to label them.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)