PDA

View Full Version : help setting up ShowEQ

Ogdilla33
05-02-2005, 02:07 PM
IM trying to set up ShowEQ for the first time, i downloaded a Live CD of Linux because i am useing Win XP but the download did not go well, i still can not find a legit site that has a bootable version of Linux and i need to know how to install ShowEQ once i get the Linux running off of the Disc if anyone has some info would be great can PM or E-mail me [email protected] thanks

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-02-2005, 03:31 PM
1) shouldn't post e-mail addresses on public forums. You prolly get enough spam having a hotmail account as it is, you don't need more

2) You sure think high of yourself choosing that as a name, don't you.

3) I'm confused as to what you are trying to do:

Are you trying to set up showeq on a bootable linux CD from a 2nd PC on your network, or the one you intend on playing EQ from?

Since my guess is that you're thinking option B, it won't work unless you are masterful enough to get EQ working in linux, of which you are not if you can't even find a working distro for you.

to get SEQ working for you, you need:

a) EQ installed on your windows machine

b) a working linux distro INSTALLED (not just boot from a disk) on a 2nd maching on your network.

c) the two machines connected on a HUB (not a router, not a switch, not wirelessly)

d) ability to follow directions to install showeq from the tarball linked in the news section when they are released. Based on other things I've noticed based on your question, this may be questionable, but if you can get steps a-c working, I'll have faith you can get this step done too.

BlueAdept
05-02-2005, 04:54 PM
IM trying to set up ShowEQ for the first time, i downloaded a Live CD of Linux because i am useing Win XP but the download did not go well, i still can not find a legit site that has a bootable version of Linux and i need to know how to install ShowEQ once i get the Linux running off of the Disc if anyone has some info would be great can PM or E-mail me [removed] thanks

So the Live CD of Linux died? :)

knoppix is a bootable cd of linux, but you wont be able to run Showeq from it (it is probably possible, but I wouldn't attempt it). Besides, you need a second pc to run it on. You have to be able to sniff the packets.

Maybe you should think about MySEQ. It runs under windows.

Freakyuno
05-03-2005, 09:29 AM
** Redundant information - deleted post.

n00b_02
05-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm sure this has been answered already, but which files do I need to download? I find you talking about the "tar ball", being an IT in profession, but a Linux noob I have not heard of this before. When I click the link to d/l the file I see several. Are all needed or what? I have my network set up, 2 machines on a hub. My secondary is going to be set up with a XP/Linux(Mepis) dual boot. You guys may want to consider adding some of this to the FAQ. I'm excited to try out SEQ, thanks in advance to those who assist.

purple
05-26-2005, 09:33 AM
When someone says "tarball" they mean the .tar.bz2 file from sourceforge. If you install a linux distribution that someone here supports seq packages for, then you could also get that package instead.