PDA

View Full Version : Convert SEQ maps to PNG/GIF/JPG

BlueAdept
05-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Im looking for a way to convert the .map files into a graphic format.

Ive been working on my website to add a cart feature so people can download individual filters for the zones. I was hoping to use the maps from ShowEQ converted to PNG/GIF/JPG for the thumbnails for each filter.

I found Mapfiends old old script from K-R-G site, but still can't get it to work.

purple
05-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Open them in seq using File->Open Map, then right click on the map and hit Save Map Image..

BlueAdept
05-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Doh...I didnt realize it was built in. Thanks Purple!

Still going to take me forever though. Wish there was a way to do it all in one shot.

Maybe Ill see if I can code that in for myself. /em starts digging through his old dusty programming books looking for gcc. Ok where is it, I see Fortran, Cobol, Ada, Basic, Assembly.....No gcc. Damn, Ill have to go buy one. :p

Cryonic
05-08-2005, 12:00 PM
you mean his ancient php script?

two things might be preventing it from working
1) having php compiled to be used from the command line (as opposed to an apache module)
2) don't have php built with the graphics libs that it needs to do the conversion with.

BlueAdept
05-08-2005, 01:25 PM
you mean his ancient php script?

two things might be preventing it from working
1) having php compiled to be used from the command line (as opposed to an apache module)
2) don't have php built with the graphics libs that it needs to do the conversion with.

PHP 4.3xx by default now have the GD Graphics Library built in.

Tried it from Apache with no success. Then tried it on the command line too.

C'est la vie.

Tor K'tal
05-09-2005, 06:04 AM
BA

I took that same script you did at one point and banged my head on it over and over and over again. Then I deside to just use it as a guide and started work on making a new one. Basicly wrote my own from scratch, which wasn't too bad of a learning experience.

Anyway... check your PM

~ TK

ksmith
05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Check my signature for a link to a perl script that converts .map files to .png/gif/jpg.

BlueAdept
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot! I appreciate everyones help.