PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Showeq-5.0.0.22

Noobian
05-18-2005, 08:03 PM
I just tried to install 5.0.0.22 after a fresh install of Fedora Core 3.

Here is what I typed:
tar xjvf showeq-5.0.0.22
cd showeq-5.0.0.22
./configure

(everything seemed to be going well, I got the message to type "make")
Then I typed:
make && make install

Somewhere during this process it evidently crapped out. Here's the last bit of text from my attempted install.

============================================
In file included from map.h:24,
from map.cpp:19:
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qcombobox.h:172: error: `QMoucdEvent' has not been decla red
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qcombobox.h:172: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ` parameter' with no type
make[2]: *** [map.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/showeq-5.0.0.22/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/showeq-5.0.0.22'
make: *** [all] Error 2
===============================================

Should I have done:
"make -f Makefile.dist all"
somewhere in the process?

All help is greatly appreciated;

Noobian

purple
05-18-2005, 08:08 PM
You edited your qcombobox.h and turned a QMouseEvent into a "QMoucdEvent" for no apparent reason?

Should I have done: "make -f Makefile.dist all" somewhere in the process?

No.

Noobian
05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply Purple, you are the man.

I did not edit any files. Truly I did an fresh install of Fedora then downloaded showeq and typed the commands in my first message.

I just tried it again and it crashed at the same spot. I'll go in and edit that file trying to make it be correct and try again.

Thanks;

Noobian

Noobian
05-19-2005, 05:35 AM
Ok, I went to the file /usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qcombobox.h and searched through it for the string "QMoucdEvent" and it is not in that file. I also searched for strings like "Moucd" and "oucd". None of these are present in that file.

This leads me to believe that another file is causing the problem. I am at work now so I can't check, but is there a file named "map.cpp:19" or at least "map.cpp"?

Thanks again for all the help,

Noobian

purple
05-19-2005, 07:38 AM
You might just want to wait for RPMs for Fedora Core 3 then. Something is #define'ing QMouseEvent to QMoucdEvent or something stupid like that.

There is a map.cpp. Line 19 #includes map.h, which #includes qcombobox.h.

Noobian
05-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Well, I got it to work.

I opened every file that was mentioned the the error message checking for "QMoucdEvent" in whole or in part to determine where the problem was and never found anything.

Then I remembered something that has helped me in the past a couple of times when installing Showeq.

I did the following:
Completely wiped out all my showeq files and directories. I had already done this once and was still getting the same error.

Then I dowloaded a fresh copy of Showeq.

Then I did something different, I did a reboot.

Installed flawlessly.

Thanks for the help Purple. I've added what I learned here to my collection of Linux notes.

Noobian

CeleSEQ
05-20-2005, 10:40 AM
That's an interesting issue... I suspect that one of your directories there had something that was setting your QTDIR to something odd, but I could be wrong.

Glad you got it going.