PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 4 Error

GForce0617
06-22-2005, 12:31 PM
New guy here. Please be patient. Opened the file and jumped into that directory.

Then....... I did:

./configure
gives me this:
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `i686-pc-linux-': machine `i686-pc-linux' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub i686-pc-linux- failed

make
gives me this:
No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Again, I apologize for the newbness. Running Fedora Core 4 and have the latest showeq file.

Any ideas.

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-22-2005, 01:56 PM
wow - dejavu in less than 24 hours.

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5329

Search is your friend.

purple
06-22-2005, 02:52 PM
And seriously, someone tell me how I can fix this so that doesn't happen for people!

nicks
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Purple, I appreciate your help, I've really reached a roadblock here. YaST tells me I do have gcc and the console doesn't recognize it. I downloaded fedora 4 today to try my luck with that, but I don't know after reading this thread.

purple
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Dude, go back to your own thread! This error is me screwing up the autoconf and I don't know how to fix it. Doing LIBC=gnu ./configure fixes it. I don't know if you all having this problem have a bogus CHOST set or what. Zaphod's releases didn't have this problem though, so it's probably just something I don't know how to do when making releases.

As far as distribution, I don't know what to tell you. I've never used Red Hat or Fedora Core or Debian or Suse or Mandrake. If you got Gentoo problems though, I might actually know what I'm talking about instead of just guessing.