PDA

View Full Version : 6/29 live broken?

Nstalkerga
06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
1st post?

patch 6/29/05 broke on live it again it seems?

BlueAdept
06-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Give this man a cookie.

Probably just Opcodes, network layer adjustments and what not. From the logs, it looks like it is still decoding.

Cryonic
06-29-2005, 07:10 PM
better yet, if you are going to report it broken you might as well include something to help fix it. Things like the terminal output that shows opcode size mismatch messages, etc...

Nstalkerga
06-29-2005, 07:12 PM
LOL i was figuring that .. but i made about 30 changes to my SEQ box, the network .. and my EQ machine too in last 3 days /grin
then i had to wait on the patch to test it all

I figured it wasnt my doing but had to ask since nothing was posted :D

ohh and make it chocolate chip please

purple
06-29-2005, 08:16 PM
This is a pretty piss poor excuse for a developer forum post!

BlueAdept
06-30-2005, 08:12 AM
I only patched last night, found they borked eqwindows, logged in and camped.

I'll see if I can help this time in gathering opcodes and such tonight.

Dedpoet
06-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Between Seq, MQ, and EQW all being borked last night, I was frustrated beyond belief too. I only played about an hour before I logged into WoW. The EQW issue can be worked around if you switch your desktop to 16-bit color, but that's really not acceptable for me. /sigh

BlueAdept
06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I still have a problem with EQWin if I do switch it to 16 bit. When I alt-tab, I totally loose the mouse and can never get it back. That defeats the purpose because I 2box on one machine.

I really hope JSD is still around. I can't see myself playing EQ without EQW. When I only use EQ in a windowed state, my second char lags behind. He will actually run slower and sometimes just totally get lost. That never happens on EQWindows.

SinginSam
07-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Howdy folks!

Spent the last 4 days learning (the very basics of) Linux, installing different distroes etc..so forgive me if I miss the lingo etc, also have never seen/used SEQ before (heard lots but never ran it myself). I managed to get it installed and running with little tidbits from all over this site.

My question is this...Did i pick a bad day to finish this? Currently when I run SEQ, i can see in the network diags that the packets are being seen, it detects the new sessions on the other computer etc...but I see no info in SEQ itself...

is it just that the patch on 6/29 knocked things off until SEQ updates are posted?
(ver 5.0.0.22)

purple
07-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Yes. If you have packets being seen by the network diag window, you should just need to wait for 5.0.0.23 (which doesn't exist yet) then you should be good to go.

Dedpoet
07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
BA, you could try WinEQ (http://www.lavishsoft.com/wineq2/). I have used it in the past, but it had a few frustrating "features" that I couldn't get past. I may have to figure out how to get past them now. If you subscribe, it can do some other neat stuff like capture video, play 2 sessions side-by-side or with picture-in-picture, and supports many different games.