PDA

View Full Version : v5.0.0.23 losing spawn name letters

Tor K'tal
07-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I was passing through Emerald Jungle and noticed that the trigger Several Large was missing the S. I'm guessing this has something to do with the # being stripped from it.

Unless it's name was changed.

~ TK

Tor K'tal
07-03-2005, 06:04 PM
As it turns out, the first letter of the players names are axed as well.

Probably has something to do with my attempting to patch the light source stuff in, incorrectly.

~ TK

BlueAdept
07-03-2005, 06:17 PM
It could very well be a problem I created. I'll check it out later tonight. I only got to run it for about 10 minutes after I did the light patch. I'll check it out later tonight to make sure everything is correct.

BlueAdept
07-03-2005, 07:17 PM
I dont seem to have that problem. Does anyone else have this problem?

It is probably from the light patch. The stripping of the # is only in the compares for the filters. It shouldn't have anything to do with how it is displayed on the screen.

You most likely didn't change this line:

/*0281*/ uint8_t unknown0282[2];

to

/*0281*/ uint8_t unknown0281;

That would push it all off one which would then cut off the first letter of the spawn name.

purple
07-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I bet you just moved the light line to the right spot, but didn't adjust the unknown and bumped everything else up. That's why those silly offset comments on each line are pretty important and people should keep them in sync and correct!

Tor K'tal
07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I dont seem to have that problem. Does anyone else have this problem?

It is probably from the light patch. The stripping of the # is only in the compares for the filters. It shouldn't have anything to do with how it is displayed on the screen.

You most likely didn't change this line:

/*0281*/ uint8_t unknown0282[2];

to

/*0281*/ uint8_t unknown0281;

That would push it all off one which would then cut off the first letter of the spawn name.

Missing the change of the array size is what got me. Having corrected that, seems to have resovled the player's name issue. I haven't been back to EJ to check that invis man warrior, but I would surmise it is fixed as well.

I would like to appologize to you BA, I assumed I knew what the problem was and what caused it when I posted... without noticing if anything else was a miss.

In my defense -which, there is none for stupidy- I didn't notice anything else a miss, until I moused over myself and noticed my name wasn't right.

Please accept my heart felt appology at suggesting you might not be the god like individual you really are... same goes to you Purple all mighty.

~ TK

:edit: spelling correction, cause I can't spell, evidently.

BlueAdept
07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
No problem. It is easy to make mistakes changing stuff. I know I have screwed it up before. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. I haven't done any programming in 20+ years and never really learned C so my "additions" are usually just hacks.

I really should have done a Diff and posted it instead of posting the code but I was lazy.