PDA

View Full Version : Map Filter Menu Picks

Dedpoet
07-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Does anyone with an inside knowledge of the code know why there are two different menu items for saving your zone filters, and how they are different? The reason I ask is that they seem to be buggy.

I generally add a mob to an alert filter by right-clicking them on the spawn list, choosing "add to zone filter", picking "alert", then deleting everything in the box that pops up except for the mob name. I then pick "save zone filter" from the drop-down menu. I don't remember which one works and which doesn't right now, but if I pick one of the save choices, the filter saves just fine. I can open it up at the OS level or inside Seq and it looks fine. If I chose the other save option, the file becomes blank.

This has been going on for quite some time. I'm at work and can't verify which menu pick works for me and which doesn't, but I can reproduce the problem every time. Any ideas on this one?

Cryonic
07-12-2005, 05:24 PM
There are two filters. One is zone specific and one is the global filters list. The advantage is that you can then have filters for all zones without copying them to each zone specific file and also ones specific to that zone. No reason to have the filters hunt for Quillmane when you aren't in SK.

purple
07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Make sure that the filter files are owned by the user running seq. You can check this with ls -al ~/.showeq/filters. If you run as root, they should be user root, group root probably. You can fix this with chown root:root ~/.showeq/filters/*.xml.

purple
07-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Or I'm dumb. Now I see what you mean. Good catch. It'll be fixed next release.

purple
07-12-2005, 06:57 PM
And for reference, use the 2nd one for now! 8)