PDA

View Full Version : zone filters question

gruntsters
07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I create an alert for mob_001 in zone_xyz in the zone filters. I then save the zone filter. I log out of SEQ for the day. Next day I fire up SEQ. I create an alert for mob_002 in the same zone_xyz in the zone filters.

1) Did I just over write the first filter and now I only have mob_002 in there ?

2) Should I have loaded zone filter first, then created and saved mob_002 so that both are saved in the filter ?

I read the recent thread about how to make zone filters persistent and Purple mentioned use the "2nd" save zone filters.

3) Is this the one with the hotkey (F4) or (Shift+F4)

4) same question and #3 for the reload filters (F3) or (Shift+F3)

5) Anyone know what "refilter spawns" does ? I've tried using it, but haven't noticed any change.

I'm going to guess the answer to 3 and 4 is that any of those hotkeys will get the correct action to be taken, just one saves/reloads all of the separate zone filters.

purple
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
1) No. Filters are cumulative. When you save zone filters, it saves all the zone filters currently setup for the zone you are in. When you add a mob to a section for a zone filter, it adds to the current set.

2) No. Just right click on the mob to add then Filters->Save Zone Filters.

3) Yes, the one with the hotkey is the one that works correctly

4) There's a difference between Global Filters (Reload Filters, Save Filters, Edit Filters) and Zone Filters (Reload Zone Filters, Save Zone Filters, Edit Zone Filters). Global ones apply to all zones. Zone filters are zone-specific. So Reload Filters reloads the global filters. Reload Zone Filters reloads the zone filters for the zone you are in.

5) Refilter spawns causes the spawn shell to walk through all zone spawns, doors, and drops and reset filter state based on the current filters.