PDA

View Full Version : showeq filters

doox00
08-21-2005, 06:01 PM
How do I add a filter? All I would like to do is add particular named monsters to the list that gets the # sign in front of their names. How do I go about doing this?

thanks for any advice.

purple
08-22-2005, 08:03 AM
The # names are not seq filters. Those are actually how the names are in game, it just doesn't show in the pretty name (e.g. you see a goblin swampcollector but in is really a_goblin_swampcollector02).

Filters just make the spawnlist and map react. Some filters bold the spawn list entry, others highlight the spawn on the map or draw lines to the spawn on the map. To add a filter, just right click a mob in the spawn list and follow the obvious things...

darkassassin
10-12-2005, 09:42 AM
What is the syntax for manually editing / creating a filter file for a mob, by its name, for a specific zone, for a mob that has not spawned yet?

Of course I read: http://www.showeq.net/forums/faq.php?faq=seqfaq_help#faq_seqfaq_help_filters

but it is lacking somewhat and the filter site posted doesn't seem to be up.

Would somebody be so kind to post a sample filter for filters_zonename.conf and clarify where this file should be placed?

Thank you.

purple
10-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Here's BA's filter for Ocean of Tears (~/.showeq/filters/oot.xml). Filters_conf is oldstyle filters which won't work anymore.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE seqfilters SYSTEM "seqfilters.dtd">
<!-- Created by BlueAdept for use with ShowEQ 5.xx. All rights reserved. -->
<seqfilters>
<section name="Hunt">
</section>
<section name="Caution">
</section>
<section name="Danger">
</section>
<section name="Locate">
</section>
<section name="Alert">
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Allizewsaur</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Aqua Goblin Sacrifice</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Boog Mudtoe</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Brawn</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Goob Mudtoe</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Gornit</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Nerbilik</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Oracle of K'Arnon</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Quag</regex></oldfilter>
<oldfilter><regex>Name:Soaring Brightfeather</regex></oldfilter>
</section>
<section name="Filtered">
</section>
</seqfilters>

This just uses the oldfilter compatibility in the newer 5.x XML filters. You just put whatever you want in the regex and make sure it is in the correct section based on the action you want to see in the map.

See here for old filter documentation (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/showeq/conf/Attic/filters.conf.dist?rev=1.4&only_with_tag=MAIN&view=markup). New filters can use the same syntax inside the oldfilter tag.

I think you can still download filters from BA's site (http://www.blueadept.net/) somewhere, though I haven't done that in awhile.

BlueAdept
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes filters are available from my site. I do not have filters for the new zones of Darkhollow yet. I haven't even gotten the expansion yet so I am not sure what should be put in there.

Purple, can we add the filters to the cvs and tarball? It looks like I will be losing my hosting/domain in about 6 months. I didn't own the domain name. I paid someone for it and I haven't been able to reach him. My emails have been returned and his phone has been disconnected.

purple
10-13-2005, 07:56 AM
I don't know if I want to include more stuff into the tarball. I guess they are small, but have you considering just making your own sourceforge project and managing the filters from there like we do seq?

I kinda see the filters like the maps. It's content instead of the actual program. If we shipped default filters, then we'd need some way to turn them off easily and to override and add to them for user-defined filters. So it's more complex than just adding them I think. And like the maps, it's hard to get people to maintain them, though at least the IP mess with the maps isn't going to happen with filters.

You have cvs access, don't you, BA? We could maybe put them in as example filters and you can just maintain them. Then they'd be in the tarball, but it would be a user's responsibility to "install" them. If you ever stop maintaining them, I could just leave them there as examples and not maintain them myself, since I really don't care about them. How big are they?

BlueAdept
10-13-2005, 11:09 AM
size is 36kb tared/gziped. Real small.

I had to add .txt to the extension because it wouldn't let me upload it.

Cryonic
10-13-2005, 05:40 PM
add them to the map sub project since both the maps and the filters don't change much, if at all even when SEQ goes through several fix updates.

Plugh
12-19-2005, 11:06 AM
<oldfilter><regex>Name:\#</regex></oldfilter>
should mark names with # (EQ syntax for "named mob")

coffeencream
11-28-2007, 10:33 AM
See here for old filter documentation (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/showeq/conf/Attic/filters.conf.dist?rev=1.4&only_with_tag=MAIN&view=markup). New filters can use the same syntax inside the oldfilter tag.
This link no longer works... is this info backed up anywhere else?

<oldfilter><regex>Name:\#</regex></oldfilter>
should mark names with # (EQ syntax for "named mob")
I'm assuming this is a statement (# in front of the </regex>), and not a question requesting confirmation.

Also, I've always wondered if I could enter more than one mob on the "Find" field on a single map? (i've tried comma and semicolon, neither worked)

:confused:

uRit1u2CBBA=
11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I think that it's the filter for any mobs with a # in the name.

BlueAdept
11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
This link no longer works... is this info backed up anywhere else?

It is still in the CVS

http://seq.cvs.sourceforge.net/seq/showeq/conf/filters.conf.dist?hideattic=0&view=markup

coffeencream
11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks again BA... yup that had exactly what I wanted... a description of what each category does: I didn't want to ask outright.

BTW: I pity the fool that asks BA the same question twice :eek: :p

BlueAdept
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks again BA... yup that had exactly what I wanted... a description of what each category does: I didn't want to ask outright.

BTW: I pity the fool that asks BA the same question twice :eek: :p

Hehe...well Ratt posted that quote after some user got into a debate with me and said that I was detrimental for the project and should leave. A couple people backed him up and I posted a poll to see if I should leave. As you can see, that person doesnt come here any more and I am still here.

BTW he was not a contributor to the project, he was just a user who took a disliking to me.