PDA

View Full Version : Help

gps335
09-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Hello, i recently downloaded Fedora Core 4 and installed showeq-5.0.0.25.tar.bz2. I didnt have to install any extra things because i seemed to already have it. Everything seemed to work out great except that I have no in game commands. As i figured there would be a window or something i would be able to access in the actual game that i can use in game. I go into the terminal and enter the root and when i type in showeq everything boots up and i get a seperate window that says ShowEQ - Main. This works out for me because the other comp is right by me but I would still like to be able to use showeq from in game. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated

uRit1u2CBBA=
09-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm confused. you have showeq running on your linux box. that's good.

Are you wanting to play EQ from the same box? Or somehow get showeq running on the windows box that you play EQ in?

showeq really isn't meant to be run on the same machine you play EQ on.

You'll have to be more specific in what you're asking.

gps335
09-02-2005, 08:34 PM
No, I want ShowEQ running on my linux box and i want to play EQ on my windows box. But for some reason when i installed ShowEQ i see no difference at all in-game EverQuest.. The only thing i see is that ShowEQ-Main box on my linux box. Thats all i have to use for ShowEQ. Basically my question is shouldnt there be a way i could USE not run but use show eq from in game without having to look at my linux box to see when mobs are up and etc..

purple
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Whatever you think ShowEQ is, it isn't.

What you see in that ShowEQ-Main box on your linux box is what ShowEQ is. If that's not what you're seeking, then you need to keep looking.

uRit1u2CBBA=
09-02-2005, 09:17 PM
seq doesn't do anything to the windows EQ machine .. it doesn't send anything back and doens't change how EQ is played other than, you have more information about the zone you're in by looking at the linux box.