PDA

View Full Version : map height question - not sure if SEQ has it

eqhunter
11-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I have a question about the SEQ maps.. some maps are a confused mess because there are many levels of the zone.. I was wondering if there was a way to separate the zone levels. With the EQ map you can select the height filter so that it only shows the level your on.. I ask because I have a hard time finding out what lvl the mobs on in some zone.. Im not sure if SEQ has the option anf I did a search on map layer, layer and map height. I found this thread but its in 2002 ( Link (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2133&highlight=map+level+height ) ) and not sure if it ever made it into SEQ.

Cryonic
11-20-2005, 05:45 PM
As that thread mentions, SEQ has the ability to filter both mobs and map lines based on relative Z height. The problem is that not all maps have all 3 coordinates for a data point, so if you turn on the filter, the map will vanish.

Spawn Depth Filtering <-- filters MOBs based on Z
Map Depth Filtering <-- removes lines based on Z

eqhunter
11-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks Cryonic.

now I just need to get the maps...

purple
11-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Right click on your map and make sure "Show Bottom Controls" is on. Then right click on the map and make sure Bottom Controls->Depth Controls are on. Note this only controls map lines and only if Right click Map Lines Display->Depth Filtered is turned on. To control spawn depth, you have to turn on Right click Spawn Depth Filter.

No, I have no idea why this is so complicated and why it isn't just one button. I got no clue why anyone would ever want to filter spawns but not map lines or vice versa.

Also note that some maps have poor Z-axis implemented in them.