PDA

View Full Version : Nov 16th Offsets?

Iforgot
11-22-2005, 02:39 AM
Does anyone have the offsets from the Nov 16th patch?

Seaxouri
11-22-2005, 03:22 AM
I was able to get mine working, but I had to modify the server code slightly. I was able to find a pretty solid direct pointer to the character info data.

The forums won't let me attach the binary (too big), but here is a zip of the server patch and the new ini file that works with it.

I could not get ground items to work. I have a feeling they have been broken awhile.

There seem to be a couple different v1.17.0 floating around. The one I had was slightly updated from the one in CVS. I think I got mine from one of Slartibart's links about a year ago. The date on the source files I have is 10/19/2004, but the CVS tip is 10/10/2004. The only real difference is that the port setting was moved from the command line into the INI file.

So I brought those changes in and fixed a few bugs that make the new Visual Studio puke. You should be able to build with even MSVS2005 now.

I had been using a client that was pre-radar, but I verified that my server still works with the current client code in CVS.

I updated the version to 1.17.1, just because that's the way I do it professionally.

If someone wants to give me some ftp space, I can put the binaries out somewhere.. but my personal FTP space is consumed with personal stuff at the moment.

Also, I left the original method to check for the char info data in the server. If someone finds the correct values and prefers to use that, just set the values and change the SchemaVersion back to 1. I decided it would be best to use bitfields in the schemaversion to alter the behavior of the numeric parsing.. since it is the most flexible. To date, there was only one alteration, the XY swapping issue, so bit 0 (LSB) is still that bit, and now the direct charinfo pointer method uses bit 1 (making the current schema value 3).

Iforgot
11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for helping. The offset in that zip get my version...semi-working. I get the skittles but the ring thats supposed to be around your character is always in the center of the zone and doesn't move. Also what I target is not detected.

I have no clue what to do with the patch file in the zip file though. If someone could shed some light on that it would be great. I do have VS2003.

Seaxouri
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Right because the pointer to the character info.. you.. does not work without the server change. The code you have looks like:

pCharInfo->charInfo.pSpawnlist->Spawndata

or something of that nature.

My change works like:

pCharInfo->Spawndata

because I found an address that seems to always (hasn't failed me in several days) point right into the SpawnList array.

To build you will have to get the source (there is a FAQ on these forums), then apply the patch, then rebuild the server. Since it's only one cpp file, you could just get it from web-CVS.. its easier.

kaylis
11-23-2005, 09:43 PM
offset that work for me with no code changes

[File Info]
# On new patch set the patch date and revert RevisionNo to 1
PatchDate=11/16/05
Release=1
SchemaVersion=1

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
SpawnHeaderAddr=9469124
ItemsAddr=9460936
CharInfo=9469184
TargetAddr=9469188
ZoneAddr=9591968

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NameOffset=288
LastnameOffset=1
XOffset=48
YOffset=52
ZOffset=56
SpeedOffset=72
HeadingOffset=76
NextOffset=532
TypeOffset=580
LevelOffset=588
HideOffset=592
ClassOffset=594
SpawnIDOffset=600
RaceOffset=608
type2=624

[GroundItem Offsets]
PrevOffset=0
NextOffset=4
SpawnIDOffset=12
ZOffset=32
XOffset=36
YOffset=40
NameOffset=44

[CharInfo Offsets]
Spawninfo=49800

Seaxouri
11-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Yep those work for me too. If you want to use those offsets with the changes I made, just leave the schema set to 1.

Also, the ground items pointer seems to be NULL.

Iforgot
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks Seaxouri that worked like a champ!!!

IForgot