PDA

View Full Version : thanks guys:)

pocketrocket
11-22-2005, 02:42 PM
I recently decided that showeq was going on my network, I have never touched linux or showeq, after surfing around the site and a few hours of work (mainly figuring out GRUB so I could boot to my windows disk) I have a fully operational dual boot linux/windows and showeq for my own personal desires:) thanks for writing and keeping up on this program, it really is a nice program to couple with EQ, whether their EULA says it is or not. thanks again.

SchwannyT
11-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Here here!! Its been a while since I used ShowEQ, I went to MySEQ because I had a crappy laptop for a second computer that couldn't load Linux. Well now that they've gone all high and mighty I came to see what ShowEQ was up to. Man I'm sorry I ever left. This is so much better (other than they did have a neat box for your target that was seperate from the spawn list). And much more fun to use!! Now its time to dive into that code and see whats going on.

purple
11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Just curious. How is having a separate box for your target useful? What information does it have? Would turning on Select on Target in the Options and Keep Selected Visible on the spawn list simulate what you wanted?

rmilby
11-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't know about others, but having my target info in another box could make it easier to read.. Just highlighting my target in the grid can be annoying.. It would be nice to have a neatly laid out window that showed: Name, Race, Class, Level, Current location (as much as we know at least), and possibly "spawn point" (at least the first location we have for this mob).

this would take up too much room on screen for EVERY mob in zone, but to make it easy to read just for out current target would be nice..

Just an idea, and my 2 cents...

SchwannyT
11-29-2005, 12:20 PM
rmilby's request was very similar to what it did. And using the "Select on Target" really is enough for what I do. However one nice thing it did was colored the box with the "con" of your target. It wasn't nessicary, just a nice feature, because you could keep your eye on the map and get all the info on your target.

sturge24
12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who puts in all the hard work on this project, and to CeleSEQ, who makes my life easier with the packages. I'm still mostly clueless with Linux, but the FAQ and other answers given on the site have kept me from ever having to ask for help. Great program, great site, great work.