PDA

View Full Version : Today's patch got SEQ :(

Return
12-07-2005, 01:13 PM
No skittles....

blvan
12-07-2005, 04:00 PM
could be worse, it still see's zone and you position/direction so probably just an offset fix in a few hours.

Return
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Agree at leaste we still have GPS..... In the past when this happend the offsets were discovered within a day or two and SEQ was back up.

BlueAdept
12-07-2005, 05:57 PM
We rely on purple too much. If he ever decides to quit, the project will sorely be lacking. We have been lucky so far that every time someone parts, someone else has taken up the slack. One of these times though, we won't be as lucky and it is going to be broken for quite some time.

We really need some other people to take the time and learn how to fix it when it breaks. I've tried several times. It just don't have the knack for it.

DigitalMocking
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
This isn't just going to be offsets, the entire eqclient.exe was revamped in a huge way. I can't even find the spawnlist, it looks like they replaced it with a class to handle spawns.

purple
12-07-2005, 07:27 PM
It's not like showeq uses offsets anyways!

Maybe that's why spawnStruct grew by so much though.

Return
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Ahh if I remmember it was Opcodes not offsets?

Cryonic
12-08-2005, 12:20 AM
offsets are used by the memory reader programs like MQ2 and MySEQ. SEQ reads the data off the network and so sees a different structure.

DigitalMocking
12-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Yeah, since the actual spawn datastream hasn't changed, I guess the impact to Seq isn't nearly as big as it is to the MQ/MySEQ crowd.

purple
12-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Actually the spawn datastream (i.e. spawnStruct which is used in OP_ZoneSpawns, OP_NewSpawn, and OP_ZoneEntry when from the server) totally changed and was redone.

blvan
12-08-2005, 08:32 AM
another patch incoming as of this morning, not sure if it will effect the recent ShowEQ patch....thanks for the effort!

DigitalMocking
12-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Actually the spawn datastream (i.e. spawnStruct which is used in OP_ZoneSpawns, OP_NewSpawn, and OP_ZoneEntry when from the server) totally changed and was redone.
Did spawnStruct just change or did they remove the spawn list? I haven't had a chance to look much, its mostly conjecture talking with some others at this point. Sick babies don't give much time for code.

Zeus001
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Amazing job as always Purple, always so fast too (no exe update in today's patch so everything 100%)

purple
12-08-2005, 12:24 PM
The actual packets are exactly the same as before, except spawnStruct went from like 396 bytes to 582 bytes and was totally rearranged. I haven't seen any indication of what the extra info is for. Everything else was just opcode changes for seq. This is kinda how patches recently have been. I think I've probably redone spawnStruct 6 or so times now in the past year. But OP_ZoneSpawns still has all the spawns in it just like before. It's just almost 200 bytes bigger per spawn now (which seems to be always zero from my preliminary look, so just compressed out anyways and it's not that big of a deal).

So from a wire standpoint, there's nothing radically different. This patch was just a normal patch to me and to get seq working, just had to redo opcodes and the spawnStruct. That doesn't indicate anything in the client though. They could easily change the in-memory mechanism used to keep information and just update the deserialization from the wire struct if they want to.

uRit1u2CBBA=
12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
12-8 patch had no new eqgame.exe. SEQ5.2.3 works with the new patch.

DigitalMocking
12-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the response Purple, I appreciate it, and nice work btw.

Pretty much on the client side they changed how the spawnlist is handled in a pretty dramatic fashion. There's no SpawnList any longer, just a class that spawnStruct is fed into that handles spawns... pretty much looks like they're using the same mechanism SWG and EQ2 use.

Whizzie Wiz
12-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Okay, got skittles, but the 'player movement' stuff (i.e. my own movement), and what I am targetting etc isn't being spotted .. other player movement is working fine ... what am I doing wrong?

Whizzie Wiz
12-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Did a fresh 5.2.4.0 build+install, everything seems OK except an occasional loss of synch/crash....

purple
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
... which you could easily fix if you read the FAQ file included in the tarball or search for your error message on these forums.

Return
12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
... which you could easily fix if you read the FAQ file included in the tarball or search for your error message on these forums.
Thanks again Purple. I rearranged my network yesterday to include another computer on the SEQ hub. I started getting the crashes. Came here and there was your post.

Read the FAQ and fixed the problems. Thank you sir. /Salute