PDA

View Full Version : uknowns

chachacha45
12-08-2005, 03:17 AM
searched and only found some specific answers to a related problem of mine.

the problem i have of current is when im in the zone for a while and people/spawns start shwoing up after , the spawn title 'unknown' starts to add up a lot. when i zone a lot there are at least 3-20 unkown spawns, and somtime everything is unknown, resulting in me having to succor multiple times.

i have session tracking on and moniter eqclient ip address.

router>hub>seq/eq

Cryonic
12-08-2005, 02:19 PM
SEQ was updated recently due to patch

chachacha45
12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
this is with working versions .2 and .3

uRit1u2CBBA=
12-08-2005, 05:23 PM
.2 would have the problems, .3 shouldn't.

were you root when you tried to make install? If you were once, and then not the next time, it may not have copied over the files required.

chachacha45
12-09-2005, 01:31 AM
i was root, running fedora core 4 btw if it matters

uRit1u2CBBA=
12-09-2005, 09:17 AM
5.2.4 has been released. Try compiling and installing that new version and see if things start working.

chachacha45
12-09-2005, 02:42 PM
same errors(new mobs and always at least 3 mobs are unknown in a freshly entered zone.

also my arg seq give up is set to 1024

i do get a ton of these on make install:
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucom_p.h:364: warning: ‘struct QUType_bool’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucom_p.h:383: warning: ‘struct QUType_int’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucom_p.h:403: warning: ‘struct QUType_double’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucom_p.h:423: warning: ‘struct QUType_charstar’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor

/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucom_p.h:444: warning: ‘struct QUType_QString’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucomextra_p.h:65: warning: ‘struct QUType_QVariant’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/private/qucomextra_p.h:87: warning: ‘struct QUType_varptr’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor

purple
12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Those errors look an awful lot like warnings to me.

chachacha45
12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Those errors look an awful lot like warnings to me.
the errors i was refering to were the uknowns, somewhere there is a problem.

all i said about the warnings was that "i do get a lot of these" im just trying to help you guys help me.

spack
12-12-2005, 04:33 AM
I get those same warnings compiling on my Fedora Core 4 machine. My program seems to be functioning just fine.

I am a Linux noob. I was using a Fedora Core 3 setup to compile before and don't recall seeing those warnings then.

CeleSEQ
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Just to make sure we clarify things here... the WARNINGs that you get when compiling on FC4 (or any other distribution with gcc4, are not related to any issues that may be occuring. The warnings are just that, warnings that the compiler thought it should make you aware of, but a warning is different from an ERROR from the compiler.. an error will mean something went wrong.

If anyone is having a problem where they aren't getting spawns, ie, spawns are listed as "unknown", you should let us know what exact version of seq you're running, and other such information. You should also probably make sure you only have one copy of showeq on your system, and if that's all the way you think it should be, also post the console output you see when an unknown spawn appears.

At this time, I don't think we have any known bugs that are causing unknowns for the general userbase, so we'll need to look at what's going on in your particular case.

chachacha45
12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
i use --itemdb-disable as a parameter
after i read previous post i checked console to copy anything worth mentioning and just now recieved this on a quick zoning:
MOTD:
Warning: EQPacket: Unhandled net opcide 1e00, stream client-world, size 8
then there is a Debug: line with my ip.

and i always get this

Warning: M Line 1021 in map '/usr/local/share/showeq/maps/lavastorm.map' only
had 1 points, not loading.

other than that there is no console output, and thats the first time i have ever seen that first warning before, about 20 came up in a row.

deleted all previousversions on seq and am running current version, .4

chachacha45
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
updating FC4 atm to see if this fixes, will i need to recompile seq?

chachacha45
12-14-2005, 05:51 PM
everything is working fine for the moment, needed to update kernels

EDIT: nevermind, im nublar, still getting unknown after using up2date(updated 2 hernels i believe and all the qt stuff)

going to recompile see if that helps

EDIT: recompiling is a no go.

CeleSEQ
12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Ok, I found someone who I know who had a similar problem. We were able to eliminate the problem by moving his /root/.showeq directory out and letting it create a new one:

# mv /root/.showeq /root/showeq.old

Next time your run showeq it will create a new .showeq folder for you.

That directory holds some temporary files, maps if you put them there (my rpms don't use that directory, so if you want to keep maps of your own, separate from the distributed maps, that's the place to do it), some logs, the showeq.xml file, and the spawnpoints. It could also contain a zoneopcodes.xml or worldopcodes.xml, but if you have those, that's likely the trouble since you probably have old opcodes in there.

The maps and the spawnpoint data are probably the things you might want to keep. However, try it before you replace those in your new directory again, just in case the problem is something incorrect in a map or a spawnpoint file you have.

HTH.
~CeleSEQ

chachacha45
01-06-2006, 07:37 PM
ran your rpms after i moved the folder. recieved this error Package Not Found libstdc++.so.6

i searched the forums and then some and found this command called yum

i ran yum provides libstdc++.so.6 and it updated but still missing file for some reason

so i yum provides yum and then reyummed libstdc++ and still missing. restarted box to see if it mattered and it diddnt.

any help or links is greatly appreciated, only thing i could find was this http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5469&highlight=yum

EDIT: using yum install libstdc++.so.6 atm see if that works
EDIT: worked

Whizzie Wiz
01-11-2006, 11:20 AM
I also found that mobs that are killed by other mobs also result in 'unknowns' with the current code... such 'corpses' vanish instantly, and don't wait to fade away -- this seems to cause some confusion to SEQ.

purple
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Can anyone think of a zone where this happens regularly? I'd love to get a packet capture of this. It's probably easy to fix. I'm surprised it's not just sending an OP_DeleteSpawn.

datadog
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Hmm.. i havnt experienced the error, but a good zone for NPC's killing NPCs would be a noobie zone with agressive guards... West Freeport comes to mind

uRit1u2CBBA=
01-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Qeynos and Fippy! :)