PDA

View Full Version : sometimes SEQ and whole FC box chokes.

eqhunter
12-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Noobe question from an old guy..

Sometimes when Im in a zone for a while ShowEQ will start to choke. It is random as sometime I can be in a zone for hours then the next time ( same Zone ) I will only in it for a few min. When this happens my whole FC3 box will get bogged down like the CPU is trying to do to many things.. It will “fix” its self if I zone out but @ that point I cant even use the mouse on the Linux box. I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem. I have copied the 2 file over from the EQ subdirectory. And believe I have everything set right. This started when SEQ went to Ver 5 or near that Ver number.

Hunter

CeleSEQ
12-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Sounds like an old problem I used to have where seq would eat up Xserver resources. I haven't seen that in quite a while though. At the moment I'm not actually using seq so I can't really test it. (don't have a sensible place to plug in my linux workstation)

You can tell whether it's the whole machine or just X by hitting ctrl-alt-backspace to restart the X server (it'll log you out if you use a graphical login screen). You should also try using ctrl-alt-F2 to get to another virtual console and then use top and vmstat etc to see if you can figure out what resource is getting low.

eqhunter
12-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Im not that savy when it comes to Linux...

Sounds like an old problem I used to have where seq would eat up Xserver resources. I haven't seen that in quite a while though. At the moment I'm not actually using seq so I can't really test it. (don't have a sensible place to plug in my linux workstation)

You can tell whether it's the whole machine or just X by hitting ctrl-alt-backspace to restart the X server (it'll log you out if you use a graphical login screen). You should also try using ctrl-alt-F2 to get to another virtual console and then use top and vmstat etc to see if you can figure out what resource is getting low.

BlueAdept
12-08-2005, 11:17 PM
try ./showeq --itemdb-disable and see if that helps. A couple other things to check is to see if you have any of the logging turned on. Also check to see if the spawnlog is also turned on.

I forgot that I had log all packets turned on. I have a 60 gig hard drive and almost nothing on it. Well SEQ started to bog down and it turned out to be the log file. It was like 10 gigs large.