PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on v1.18.1

Seaxouri
12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Can anyone let me know if both the client and server are workign for them?

I've got one friend with an odd problem that I think is a backlevel NET2.0 installation they got from WindowsUpdate, but I am not sure.

Anyhow, feedback, both good and bad, along with a snippet of what client/server combo you are using and any problems you had, would be helpful.

Thanks.

Dark
12-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Seaxouri,

Installed Net2 and coppied your files over an old version of 1.5 i had.

Running Client\server of different computers. Server on XP client on W2k.

Fired it up and got no connect :-(

Closed the client down and opened it up and all going fine. Nice and fast.

Only thing i noticed.... when you kill a mob, you get a small white circle 99% of the time. the other 1% you get a yellow square (like a dead PC). No biggy.

So all going fine as far as i can see.
I only use spawn list and map.

Cheers
Dark

Squench
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
It worked great for me! I dropped my maps in and fired it right up.
Of course I did have to install .net 2 on both machines and then the
express version of C++. Worked great, had a couple quirks, but working.

Squench
12-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot.. Thanks so much for the hard work, I am not an avid linux user, but I am
an BIGTIME myseq user. Glad to see someone else is working on this great app.
Thanks again.

Seaxouri
12-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Why did you need to install Visual Express? That should not have been required.

Squench
12-14-2005, 10:16 AM
When I unzipped the 1.8 server I was unable to run the file until I loaded that app...
Somewhere on the forum I read something about installing C++ for server so I did and it
worked after that. I assumed that was something that had to be installed. I will look and try to find where I read that.

Seaxouri
12-14-2005, 12:28 PM
If you got the v1.18.0 zip then that required a special DLL called msvcr80d.dll, which comes with the NET SDK. It might have also come with the Visual Express C++, but that is overkill.

The v1.18.1 version just needs msvcr80.dll (no 'd'), which should come installed with NETv2.0. It lives under the \windows\winsxs folder.

So installing NETv2.0 on both machines should have been the only requirement *if* you got 1.18.1. If you got 1.18.0, then you that would explain your trouble.

DrgnWolf208
12-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Attempting to start server gives me:
myseqserverc.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I'm running WinXP SP2 with .NET 2.0 ...
Any suggestions? Did I miss downloading something?
The 1.18 client doesn't seem to work either (different system, but WinXP SP2 and .NET 2.0 there also), but the 1.17 client loads fine.

Squench
12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Attempting to start server gives me:
myseqserverc.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I'm running WinXP SP2 with .NET 2.0 ...
Any suggestions? Did I miss downloading something?
The 1.18 client doesn't seem to work either (different system, but WinXP SP2 and .NET 2.0 there also), but the 1.17 client loads fine.I was getting the same error after installing .net, but when I installed the Visual c++ express package it worked fine. I dont know?!?

DrgnWolf208
12-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Do you have a link to that? I'll give it a shot... :)

Seaxouri
12-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes, thanks for the feedback. It looks like Microsoft has gone and helped people again. Apparently starting with the 2005 tools, I need to ship an installer, which will include the needed assemblies and dlls to make stuff work on anyones machine. However, something has gone awry with my system, because I had like 4 versions of studio installed, and I do not have the options available to do this.

I will need to try and get things fixed to get this working, or revert back to an older toolset. Things were much easier with normal dlls.

DrgnWolf208
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
On a positive note, I did find the vc++ express install, and it fixed the problem. You can find it here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

Seaxouri
12-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm probably going to need to use a different tool for the server.

It looks like MSVEC++ is forcing the NET runtime binding stuff, which is causing the problem. I am running some tests now to verify why the NETv2.0 is not doing what it should be doing, or, maybe I screwed something up in the config.

In any case, I will get something working soon that doesn't require folks to install the stupid toolset. That's just a crazy requirement.

I ran a test on a Win2K box with no NET installed and all you need to do is have the DLL in the same directory. However, on WinXP, they do this magic matchup thing, and you have to have the runtimes installed down in the \windows\winsxs area. Basically they want folks to have a setup program that installs the needed runtimes in there, but the free version of the tool does not provide the installer! Basically, with the free tool, you can make apps and test them, you just can't give them to anyone.. which is dumb.

I just verified that a stupid one line program:
int main() { return 0; }
even binds to those winsxs runtimes. That's just plain wrong.

Seaxouri
12-16-2005, 01:15 AM
I think I may have it. Can someone test this attachment out?

It should not have any WinSxS bindings.

DrgnWolf208
12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Server and client both run and are communicating. No data flowing, though. Self, Target, and SpawnList all show 0x0 values. Do I need to get the current offsets? Have I not configured it correctly? Or is it possibly due to the new eqgame.exe that came out on the 14th? (The latter, I am assuming...) :)

Seaxouri
12-16-2005, 05:01 PM
It was working Wed night, there was no new eqgame.exe that I saw.

Have not logged in since tho, will check tonite

Dark
12-16-2005, 06:02 PM
There is a new EQgame.exe.

Seaxouri
12-16-2005, 07:47 PM
New offsets posted in Help forum.

Dark
12-17-2005, 01:49 PM
just for your info 1.18.1 worked fine for me. Just installed Dot net 2 from the link.