PDA

View Full Version : Configurations/hardware for SEQ

Seqnewb
12-24-2005, 12:08 PM
OK, to let you know I am a Linux noob, but I got a box up and running. I managed to get ShowEQ5.2.4 installed on it and it does not appear to be seeing my EQ box even after entering the IP address, etc, so I think my router is most likely a switch. Under this assumption, I am just asking what make/model of hardware people are using for their Hubs and gateway NAT's so that when I go get the equipment, I will end up with the right stuff to get this up and running. From what I am seeing when I look online most routers are just switches and not hubs, and I want to be sure I get somthing that works.
Thanks

LordCrush
12-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Today probably *all* new "hub" hardware is a SWITCH. You need to get some older HW whitch is *really* a HUB or you have a very expensive switch with an monitoring port. I Use a Netgear EN 104 for sniffing when i am dooing troubleshooting at my customers .... perhaps it helps you a bit.

I am from Europe and donīt know if that model was ever sold in US.

Merry Christmas

purple
12-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I have a netgear DS104.

gruntsters
12-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Ebay is your friend when looking for old hubs. I also have a Netgear DS104 which cost me about $10 on Ebay. Add $5 or so for shipping.