PDA

View Full Version : missing debian packages?

b1ackfa1c0n
12-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I recently brought up a new (used) laptop with debian sarge so I didn't have to use Showeq on a KVM switch, everything went fine until I tried
apt-get install showeq-maps
apt-get install showeq-contrib

and was told those packages don't exist.
I tried also etch and sid as well, with no luck.

I was able to ftp in directly to ftp.real-time.com (ftp://ftp.real-time.com/) and get showeq-contrib*.deb and mapfiend-maps*.deb, and install with dpkg -i, but showeq-maps is not available at all.

Is mapfiend-maps the new replacement for showeq-maps?

Also, how often do the eqspells.txt, etc files change? Should I be re-running the updater every so often? (been almost six months since I installed it on the big computer).

BTW - I really appreciate whoever made the packages available to sarge - that was my biggest problem with showeq before. I've been running debian stable for close to 5 years and as soon as I went to unstable everything broke except showeq. (now if only eclipse would make it into the next debian release...)

Cryonic
12-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Those files (eqspells.txt, etc...) change as often as Sony feels like changing them. They aren't something made by others, so if you see them patched in the patcher, then you might want to regrab them for use by SEQ or just copy them over from your windows system.

tanner
01-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Broken Debian Archives
A lvm to lvm2 upgrade has broken the Debian Archives. All repositories are offline until I can fix the problem. Looking around 01/05. Sorry.

(This is news I just posted to the Debian FAQ)