PDA

View Full Version : seq server/client help

gsosure
01-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi all i'm still a newb at getting Myseq working fully but i think i have it licked now i'm tring to move on to Seq. But i have one major question, do i have to be running linux on both computers or just the side with the server running on it. I read the forums but didn't find anything and i'm sure it's been answered. but i just need a yes or no lol thanks

purple
01-09-2006, 02:10 PM
ShowEQ does not have a client/server architecture. It's just a program you run on a linux machine. This machine must be able to see the network stream between your EQ Client and the EQ servers.

gsosure
01-09-2006, 02:33 PM
ahh i c. well thats makes all the differance then. I got my Ubuntu machine up and running so now that i know it just has to see the eq machine. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Cryonic
01-09-2006, 09:13 PM
MySEQ is a different application with its own forums also...

Zipus
01-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey hi i am have trobble with the myseq i run myseq.client.1.19.0 and myseq.server.1.18.2 but when i press go it says we are having a troble connect to the server: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not proplely respond after a period of time, or established a connection failed because connected host has failed to respond try selecting a different server!

some one plz help me

Cryonic
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM
go ask in the MySEQ forums... Which this one isn't...