PDA

View Full Version : Install Troubles

Brezer
01-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I ust to run showeq on RH 7.0 a long time ago and jsut recently got back into EQ and was wanting to setup showeq again and I have been running into some problems.

Right now Iam running Fedora 2.6 . I did the complete install when I set it up. I didnt do a workstation, not sure if that is what it needs to be I saw a remark pointed to that in a post I read. Anyway I have tried the CVS command line in root terminal and when I hit enter it just gives me another line promt no login no error nadda.

So I try the targ way, useing the info in this post http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4878&highlight=noob

I get so far into it......
1st- Go and download redhat linux 9.

2nd- while installing once you get to the Packages screen go to the bottom and select EVERYTHING. This will install all the packages that you need (plus some that you dont)

3rd- Once you finish installing it download the ShowEQ-5.0.0.7_beta7.tar.bz2 file from here

4th- Save the file to your home directory, and then extract the folder inside the .tar file. If you ever used winzip in Windows then you can do this. It works the same way.

5th- Open up a new terminal and type su
- then type your Root password in
-When you are given the [root@localhost username]# prompt, enter the following code line by line.
[]# cd /seq/showeq/ (or whichever directory you extracted the .tar too)
[]# export CC=gcc3
[]# export CXX=g++3
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1
[]# make -f Makefile.dist
[]# ./configure (to right here and thats when i get an error)
[]# make
[]# make install

I get this error right after I type ./configure

checking build system type... Invalid configuration `i686-pc-linux-': machine `i 686-pc-linux' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub i686-pc-linux- failed

Iam at a loss as what to do right now. My linux skills are rusty as heck, any help you could give me would be apperciated. I ahve spent the last 4 hours searching trying to make some since and not haveing any luck.

Why would the CVS not be working for me, no errors just doesnt work at all. I found a thread that was haveing the same trouble and they were directed to dl the targ files.

Thanks for your help guys.
Well I scrapped Fedora and Installed Redhat 9.0 and got the cvs to get the files for seq but I to the same spot again run ./configure and I get this message
-bash: ./configure: No such file or direct
So I guess Iam back to square 1. Any help would be apperciated

purple
01-13-2006, 05:39 AM
That help post you linked is a year and a half old. Red Hat 9 is pretty old too, but if you can get the dependencies worked out, showeq would work on it I guess. But I wouldn't much recommend it.

ShowEQ 5.0.0.7 has absolutely no chance of still working. You need to be on a recent release.

CVS is for developers. Use a tarball. 5470 is the latest version announcement. It also contains a fix for your configure problem right there in the announcement post...

Brezer
01-13-2006, 06:05 AM
I tried the LIB command and didnt help earlier but maybe i didnt have the right version of show installed. Had to take a break and headed home for abit lol. Apperciate the reply Purple. O by the way, if RH 9 is old what would you recommend going with.

Thanks again .

purple
01-13-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm not the best person to recommend a distribution probably. I'd guess easiest would probably be FC3 or FC4 and using CeleSEQ's packages. But I've personally never used FC or Debian or Ubuntu.

BlueAdept
01-13-2006, 08:54 AM
I know FC3 works right out of the box (as long as you select the right packages).

I think FC4 also works right out of the box, but am not sure.

Frank25
01-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I get the same error on a fresh install of SuSe 10.0

Cryonic
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
sounds like you are missing packages. Either do a full install or find a list of requirements for SEQ and make sure you have all the listed Dev packages installed.