PDA

View Full Version : OK now what?

junior
02-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Ok I am new to showeq, but have heard people raving about it. I went to the CVS this morning and got the latest source. I compiled it and after correcting some issues with my installed version of Qt I got it to compile sucessfully. I edited my conf file so that it points to my windows box's IP, but when I start showeq it just seems to sit out in limbo.... I don't get any packets scanned by showeq. Any ideas on where to start looking. I'm kinda stumped...

Thx

Ratt
02-18-2002, 10:42 PM
I'd start looking at the search feature.

fryfrog
02-18-2002, 11:03 PM
if the search feature doesn't help... (yeah, if you don't know what to look for it can be hard) i would suggest reading other posts on this forum. i'm sure the subjects will help point out what its about and maybe you can find your problem in one of them.

using my crystal ball, i'm going to say conclusivly without ANY doubt what so ever that your problem is related to using a switch and not a hub. i cannot be wrong, so do not even question my correctness. thx ^_^

high_jeeves
02-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Damn fryfrog.. ya beat me to this one by 13 minutes... gotta get quicker if I want to anwer this question for the 50th time :)

fryfrog
02-19-2002, 12:14 AM
my ninja secret stealth beats your not-ninja un-secret no-stealth! i choose you picachu!

fgay trader
02-20-2002, 01:31 PM
No bone for j00! :p

Seriously though, do a search on "switch' or "hub", there is a hundred threads on this matter. Of course most of those threads are like this one, but sooner or later you'll come across one that has some usefull info instead of flames.

peace!

-FGay Trader er... GFay :D

pyrodex
02-20-2002, 06:09 PM
jr... did you start showeq after EQ? if so you will either need to rezone or camp out and come back in. Showeq will not pickup EQ stuff and decode it properly unless started beffore EQ is started or a rezone.