PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Sarge update from 5.2.4.0 to 5.2.5.0

Databobio
01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
I hope that this doesn't turn out to be a silly or stupid question/issue. I have been using the Sarge release of SEQ for some time now and have had no issues until now updating using "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade". However, I did see that Tanner posted the latest version of SEQ for Sarge (5.2.5.0). Unfortunately, I am not able to update this time. Apt-get does not seem to recognize a newer version than 5.2.4.0.

My source.list includes the following lines for SEQ....

deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time-debpool sarge custom
deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time-debpool sarge custom

I did revisit the FAQ file to make sure the sources haven't changed and they appear to be the same. I also looked through the current threads and do not see anyone else posting with the same issue. My connection to this site via apt-get appears to work fine. I cannot see any other issues. I think I must be doing something incorrectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd like to add that I am grateful to Tanner for dedicating his time and energy keeping the Sarge distribution up-to-date.

tanner
01-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Should have sent me PM with the problem :-) I did update the FAQ with the new info for this release but never visited the FAQ as a non-admin user and it wasn't until this post that I checked.

Unfortunately, a database error occured.Incorrect key file for table './phpMyFAQ/faqdata.MYI'; try to repair it

Doh! I'll attempt to repair the table, but until then, here is the info you need to get sarge version of seq.

Stable (sarge)
deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sarge custom main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sarge custom main non-free contrib

Why did this happen you might ask? I'm prep'n seq for inclusion into official debian sid and I needed to move seq into the main section (it was in the custom section, which doesn't exist in debian)

tanner
01-26-2006, 12:11 AM
The FAQ database has been repaired. It should contain the updated information to get a working copy of SEQ for sarge.

Databobio
01-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the help sir. Updated perfectly with the new source. I will remember to PM you in the future on similar issues. Maybe the post will help some other folks.

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your hard work.

tanner
01-26-2006, 12:44 PM
What is far more helpful is to use reportbug.

% sudo apt-get install reportbug
% reportbug showeq

That will send me all I need to know in order to best fix a problem