PDA

View Full Version : Zoom not working?

Baalfeus
02-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi,

back after an EQ break I installed the latest client and server and see it still works nice, except that I can't change the scale. Not sure, but I think it worked with the old version, If I remember right, I used to play with around 300% Scale, as you don't see enough details with full map (100%).

So my question is, is it a bug, is it not intended to be zoomed or is it just me, being to stupid to get it to work? )

Other than that, thanks for the good job you do to keep it up and running.

Regards
Baalfeus

Seaxouri
02-18-2006, 12:40 AM
I think that's been a longtime bug. It works fine if you use a mouse with a wheel, and then the scale field just becomes a feedback field telling you the scale.

If I get some time I may look into fixing it, but I'm fairly busy at work right now. I suggest getting a $10 mouse tho, because even if I fix it, using the up/down arrows is a pain in the butt!

Seaxouri
02-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Hmm. I might have to take that back. It seems like it was working in 1.17, so maybe something got broken migrating to the new build tools.

I'll look at it. But seriously, it is much easier using a wheel mouse. Especially since the scale resets to 100 everytime you zone, which makes it a pain without a wheel.

Seaxouri
02-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Also, in my defense, I never built 1.17, someone else did. It is very possible that a fix was put in place but never checked into cvs, so it would not be that I broke it, but that the fix was never released back into the open source community.

As a side note, *all* of my code is kept in sync with cvs, so things like this do not crop up.

Baalfeus
02-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the advice Seaxouri.

I have it running on my old Laptop and didn't use a mouse on that before, but with the wheel-mouse it works fine now. Just found out another thing - The keep centered on player doesn't seem to work either - if you use the mouse wheel, it centers again, but the map won't keep centered if you don't update it by using the wheel. Not a big thing, just thought i mention it in case you have some kind of to do list where you would like to add it;)

Seaxouri, you don't have to defend yourself in any way, you do a great job. Thank you for keeping MySeQ free and running.

Regards
Baalfeus

Seaxouri
02-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes the center function is working as designed. I tried changing it so it 'always' kept it centered, but it was too choppy and made things look really bad. I already invested several hours into that and came to the conclusion that it was just not going to happen.