PDA

View Full Version : SEQ Installed, but not grabbing packets

username17
02-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Hello,
I successfully installed seq and the maps portion too.

I was reading about how, if you have a switch it can cause issues.

I tried the iptables fix and the ettercap fix. Neither worked.
my question is, for that to work, does my linux box have to be in line before my windows machine?

my current network is Modem>Linksys Router< winpc and linux box

I currently have the linux box setup as a router of sorts, using iptables. The gateway on the windows box is set to the linux box. Internet works fine.

Any thoughts?

username17
02-21-2006, 02:00 AM
If I do the ettercap, nothing happend.

However, if I do the IP Tables nat-ing, I get packets.
I just don't see any data.

bonkersbobcat
02-21-2006, 02:11 AM
If you are set up so that you have Internet - Linksys - Linux - Windows you should be able to make it work. This is only true if you have two network cards in the Linux box and the linux box is acting as a router and all packets from the Windows box (EQ) are going through the linux box (SEQ)

If, on the other hand you have the Linux box and the Windows box on the same network (both plugged into the Linksys switch), it will not work.

Run tcpdump on the linux box and start up EQ. If you don't see lots of packets going between Windows and a Sony server somewhere, you don't have a working setup.

username17
02-21-2006, 02:23 AM
IT WORKS!

I did the "Search for next EQ Client" It said I had to zone.
So I zoned and boom!

Using iptables on the linux box, SEQ works with a switch!

deathly
03-05-2006, 06:18 PM
i might be having the same problem as you ... my set up is a bit complicated and any help would be great. I run several PC's on a D-Link router . My network looks like this ... Internet -> D-Link -> 3 Windows & Linux Box.

Due to the nature of how i run my network , is there any way i can get Linux to sniff the packets for the windows computer on my network with EQ, without all the traffic going thru the linux box?

Cryonic
03-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Yeah, buy a more expensive switch that will allow for port mirroring.

purple
03-06-2006, 06:17 AM
I don't do this, but just rereading this thread sounds like setting the gateway of the EQ client to be the Linux machine and then turning on IP forwarding on the Linux box worked. Did you try that? It would make all traffic for that one windows box go through the Linux box I'd imagine, but you probably wouldn't notice anything other than having to have the linux box on to use your internet connection.