PDA

View Full Version : After a Crash....

EQNECRO
02-19-2002, 06:01 PM
I have ShowEQ running fine on a RH7.2 box, but for some reason while playing EQ, the ShowEQ session will just crash..no core..nothing. When I re-start showeq, it seems there is no info on spawns, no map or anything, I need to re-start my eq session to get the showeq map to "re draw".

Any way to start showeq AFETR I start a EQ session, or must I always start EQ first, then showeq ?

pyrodex
02-19-2002, 06:34 PM
You could always rezone to make showeq refresh everything.

EQNECRO
02-19-2002, 07:08 PM
True, I have been doin that , but in middle of a raid or something..thats kind of a pain. If thats only option though..ok

SeqTester
02-21-2002, 07:36 AM
you can always /q out and come back saying "Shit LD again, Sorry guys" I used to do this back when you could log back in before you actually timed out from the server, I miss those days.

Mr Guy
02-21-2002, 09:34 AM
Is there a real good reason why ShowEQ needs to start with a zone packet anyway?

What would it take to do a forced reload of the zone? Obviously you'd have to set the map for yourself. Is there a 'dirty bit' you could set to force ShowEQ to look for the key on demand.

Gah I keep asking all these questions. Someday I'm going to have to sit down and figure out how SEQ works so I can start writing the stuff I want instead of just asking how it's done.

SeqTester
02-21-2002, 09:54 AM
the packets for mobs already in the zone are only sent on Zone.

Mr Guy
02-21-2002, 01:05 PM
How are the initial zone packets different from the packets that update?

SeqTester
02-21-2002, 01:14 PM
I am not a developer so I could be wrong (Someone jump in if I am), but I believe that when you ZONE it sends a bunch of information that is stored by SEQ till it decodes then it decodes all the back information to populate the zone :) . When new things Pop they WILL decode when you start SEQ after zone, buy only new spawns. But I think that is the only way. :(

I also noticed that /con ing your group mates makes them squares again but still no lvl information.

S_B_R
02-21-2002, 01:49 PM
the way I understand it is, When you zone in the server sends you all the information about every mob in the zone. Like Name, Race, Class, Equipment, Location, Level, and the ID number of the mob.

From then on the server only sends you updates about each mob ID, and those updates only include Location, direction, velocity, and very little else. Which is why, when you start SEQ after you're already in a zone, you get to see all the "Unknown" dots and they move just like the mobs move and so on. Because at that point Showeq is just reading the update packets.