PDA

View Full Version : SEQ character switching for 2 instances?

Lorimar
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I got SEQ running on same machine I play on, and I usually have two instances of EQ going. Is there a way to have SEQ run for both eq instances, or switch between the characters? It only allows me to access which ever instance I loaded first.

Tor K'tal
03-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Run two session of ShowEQ, Tie them to the correct IP address of the seperate EQ machines.

You say you run two EQ sessions on the same machine? then session tracking is what you want to use.

In either case, two sessions of SEQ are required to monitor two charactors.

~ TK

Lorimar
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
yes, I run two eq sessions, along with SEQ on same comp.

Ok, I started two sessions of SEQ and they both are still showing the first EQ instance.

I can't locate an option to indicate "session tracking"

I assume "char selection" in options is for this, but it doesn't list any characters even when refreshed.

purple
03-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Network->Session Tracking

Being able to pick which you want is on my list of stuff to do. Being able to watch both with one seq client is probably more trouble than it is worth. Right now, it watches the first one it sees, and if you zone both at the same time, it is possible for it to switch.

If you really are patient, you could make sure you never zone both at the same time. Then when you start up your first instance of seq, zone once on one char. then start up the second version of seq and zone your second char. If you have session tracking on, it should now have 2 seqs, each watching one of the chars.

The problem will be when you zone them both at the same time, there is a remote possibility that each client might switch characters and you'll end up with 2 seq clients watching the same char.

Lorimar
03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
I appreciate the help, but I think I posted in the wrong forum (lack of sleep). I am running Myseq 1.19 ..and I don't see a network pull down anywhere. I searched the forums and came across many references to the "session tracking" , but not how to access the network pull down in myseq 1.19. I don't see it.

If this post should be moved. I apologize for the confusion.

purple
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Ah, yeah. I got no idea how myseq works. We were both talking about seq.

It says moderator under my name, but I can't moderate anything. Sorry!