PDA

View Full Version : Followed the HOWTO now what?

bladezx2
02-19-2002, 08:50 PM
I followed the HOWTO for Redhat to the letter starting with a fresh install..got everything working, or so I thought.

When I run showeq the spawn list contains nothing but unnamed or something to that extent. I downloaded my copy of libEQ.a from the smurfette.trifocus.net ftp site...

Any ideas what I did wrong or what I need to do to fix this problem.

Cryonic
02-19-2002, 09:35 PM
and the magic crystal ball says:

error, not enough information

No zone listed. If it is a low pop zone (think SoNH in Kunark), then SEQ can't find the key till something dies/spawns/is summoned. If playing a pet caster summon a pet, if not, kill something and wait for the respawn. SEQ should be able to find the key then.

high_jeeves
02-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Quick correction Cryonic:

Something dying does not cause decryption. Only new spawns (spawning/summoning/etc).

Cryonic
02-19-2002, 10:16 PM
OK, I stand corrected. Of course something has to die to let something spawn in low pop zones :)

fryfrog
02-19-2002, 10:37 PM
yeah, just toss up some more info and perhaps we can help. you might find that zones like CoM, Arena, Kedge, Bazaar, Nexus or pretty much ANY zone will sometimes be very slow to decode.

basically, what you need is a.) a person to zone in after you or b.) a creature to spawn.

if you are a pet class, summoning a pet counts. if you have two computers playing eq, just make sure the second one zones in after the first is there.

for me, kedge and CoM usually pose the most problem :) nexus and bazaar should have plenty of people coming and going, but there are NO deaths/spawns... so if it isn't very busy who knows when it would decode.

check the startup of showeq and see if it says anything about broken decode or disabled decode or something. i am not totally sure, but i also thought it showed which keys it was checking, but i could be wrong.

bladezx2
02-21-2002, 03:33 PM
Seems I was loading EQ first then loading SEQ. Kinda screwed it up. Camped out of EQ and logged back in and SEQ works like a charm.

Thanks for all the help!