PDA

View Full Version : no labels at all

bezzzerk
03-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi guys,
first i have to congratulate the dev on this great tool.
But i have 1 problem, i cant see any labels in the map.
No spawnpoint label nor stonelabels.
I know that the labels are on layer2 or 3 of each map. So what is going wrong ?
Do i use the wrong maps ? I downloaded them all from mapfiend.net.

would be great , if someone copuld help me.

thx

OgerSEQ
03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
AFAIK, SEQ only processes one map file. The new mapfiend system uses SOE's layering system by putting map info and labels in separate layers. SOE's layer system separates the layers into different files and since SEQ only reads one map file, it stops after loading the first layer.

I'm sure someone could write a simple script to combine them, but until then, you will just have to look at the in game maps for labels.

bezzzerk
03-28-2006, 01:14 PM
thx for quick response

Seaxouri
03-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Yes, the client only processes one map/txt file. If the labels are in that file, they will be shown, otherwise, if they are in layer2/3 maps they will not be shown.

If you want to, you can probably just cut/paste the labels you are interested in into the first map file to get the desired result. A lot of maps have most labels in the first file, so this is not an issue. A lot of people that add maps to mapfiend will add 'extra' labels to layers 2 and 3. It used to be that people submitting to mapfiend (or the mapfiend scripts) mushed them all into one layer.. but that does not appear to be done anymore.