PDA

View Full Version : 5.3.0.0.0 Ubuntu install issues

Quietdagger
04-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I am following the instructions located at:

http://faq.eqenchanters.org/index.php?action=artikel&cat=383683&id=51&artlang=en

These are two errors I am getting:

When I run the

apt-get build-dep showeq

It gives me this error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Build-Depends dependency for showeq cannot be satisfied because the package libxext-dev cannot be found

Also, when I tried this line:

dpkg-buildpackage -b

I get this response:

dpkg-parsechangelog: error: cannot open debian/changelog to find format: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package is

Any thoughts?

tanner
04-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I am following the instructions located at:
Any thoughts?

Run Debian? :-P

What release of ubuntu?

Breezy or newer?

There is a huge change happening in both ubuntu and debian; the migration to xorg 7.0, lots of dev stuff under X is changing, so I won't count on the build-dep stuff to work for awhile.

libxext-dev issue? Under breezy this works fine, might have to hunt around your release for a replacement.

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=libxext-dev&version=unstable&arch=i386

The above url lists the files in Debian's package, maybe you can do an dpkg -S or apt-file search?

dpkg-buildpackage -b looks like you aren't in the right directory, what does pwd tell you ?

Quietdagger
04-18-2006, 06:42 AM
I am running Breezy version. I had used the page mentioned above to install showeq on a similar box about 2 weeks ago and everything went fine...I guess thats why I am confused. Anyways,

I haven't gotten a chance to look for the libxext-dev, I will do that tonight.

when I run pwd I get: /home/landurin/showeq-5.3.0.0

I also tried the command from the /home/landurin/showeq-5.3.0.0/src directory.

Quietdagger
04-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Turns out the ftp site seemed to be down. Now everything is working.... /idoit.

Thanks for the help anyway.