PDA

View Full Version : Debian assistance please

notaguru
05-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm coming back to eq after an extended absence and trying to get seq going again. At first I did apt-get install showeq and it said I had the latest version but didn't work. I then did a remove and made sure my source.list was up to date with what Tanner had on his faq. now when I do apt-get install showeq I get the following error

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
showeq: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6) but 2.3.2.ds1-22 is to be installed
Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.0) but 1:3.4.3-13 is to be installed
Depends: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.3-1) but 0.8.3-5 is to be installed
Depends: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.6) but it is not installable
Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

A nod in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tanner
05-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Post your sources.list and cat /etc/issue?

notaguru
05-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Here is the requested info. I did get it working by apt-get source showeq then went to the directory and did ./configure && make && make install. Only thing is showeq was looking for maps in a different directory than where they were located at but I copied them over and it seems to be working well.

#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r0a _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20050607)]/ unstable contrib main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r0a _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20050607)]/ unstable contrib main

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

#Unstable (sid)
deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time-debpool sid custom

deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time-debpool sid custom

deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sid custom main non-free contrib

deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sid custom main non-free contrib

#Stable (sarge)
deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time-debpool sarge custom
deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time-debpool sarge custom
deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sarge custom main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sarge custom main non-free contrib

#Testing (etch)
deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time etch custom main non-free contrib

deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time etch custom main non-free contrib

/etc/issue

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 \n \l

Thanks for the quick reply Tanner. I'm sure this is just crap I did wrong and I appreciate you getting me pointed the right direction.

Cryonic
05-07-2006, 02:15 AM
./configure --prefix=/usr

tanner
05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Here is the requested info. I did get it working by apt-get source showeq then went to the directory and did ./configure && make && make install. Only thing is showeq was looking for maps in a different directory than where they were located at but I copied them over and it seems to be working well.

#Stable (sarge)
deb ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sarge custom main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time sarge custom main non-free contrib

You just need the above. You had sources.lists for many sid and etch, when all you need is sarge.

notaguru
05-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Thank you very much. I'll try redoing it this evening to make sure I have goofed up anything else.