PDA

View Full Version : Seg Fault on FC3

Magao
05-15-2006, 03:08 PM
I just installed latest version of ShowEQ on a Fedora Core 3 and I am getting Seg Fault each and everytime. Now if I do not run EQ then it just sits there, but the second I start EQ or zone after restarting from a crash it crashes again w/out fail each and everytime within 1-5 seconds ( usually 1 or almost immediatley). Is there a debug file I can post to maybe get some help pinpointing why it is doing this?
Would really appreciate any help anyone can give.
Thanks

purple
05-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Console output might help. gdb backtrace would help.

To get a backtrace, just do gdb showeq, then at the gdb prompt, do run. If you pass arguments to showeq normally, pass them to run instead. Then when it crashes, type bt at the gdb prompt and cut and past what comes out.

Magao
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I think Cryonic said it best: "Session Tracking"

Not sure why that helps in this situation, running single instance of EQ and no other (obvious) network stuff but running Session Tracking stopped the Seg Faults.

purple
05-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Session tracking restricts the pcap filter to just the EQ zone server instead of keeping it more open and causing your computer to process more packets. Really everyone should always have session tracking on and only turn it off it they have problems.

Cryonic
05-15-2006, 11:32 PM
TS kills SEQ in some cases without Session Tracking turned on. Also all windows based network lookup and identification (SMB) traffic is UDP and SEQ picks up those spurious packets at times (though they just tend to cause errors spit to the console and not anything more for SEQ). Also Session Tracking reduces the amount of packets that SEQ needs to process unnecessarily as the filter doesn't let them through to the rest of the code.