PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

BlueAdept
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
My billing time has come up and it didn't renew. I am not going to renew my 2 accounts at $50 more a year so I am calling it quits after 7 years. I haven't had much time to play over the last year so I think it is finally time to move on.

I probably would have left EQ 5 years ago if it wasn't for SEQ. It was always frustrating for me to find places or stuff I needed and SEQ helped me with that. I really want to thank Ratt, purple and everyone present and past for keeping SEQ a reality.

I'll still be following the boards, but it just isn't going to be the same and I will miss it.

Thanks everyone for 7 unforgetable years. It was a great run while it lasted.

Sincerely,

Brian Young
aka
BlueAdept

Spaz
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Really sorry to see you go, man. Thank you for all the work you've done both in the forums and on the filters and project in general... You've been one of the few constants.

Out of curiousity, did life eat up your time or have you moved on to other games?

I'm finding myself playing almost no EQ for the last few months; far less gaming in general but I haven't been able to click Cancel just yet..

BlueAdept
05-16-2006, 02:42 PM
My job has turned into a living hell for me and has consumed every waking minute of my life. It is time for me to find something else, unfortunately jobs are scarce where I am.

Who knows, if they bring back the $99 plan, if my job load lightens up (or I find a new job), and if the addiction gets too much, I might break down and start back up but this is the first time in 7 years that my accounts are closed.

Most of my friends who played are gone. Most of the people I knew are gone. I haven't been a raider for several years so my stuff is gimp. I haven't even really been to any of the last 4 expansions so the desire to play has pretty much dried up.

KRONOS
05-19-2006, 01:45 PM
So sad, :( I have enjoyed reading your post here and learned a bit in the process. Take care and may the Godess of the Hunt favore you in all you do. :)

BlueAdept
05-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I hear they brought back the $99 for some people. My accounts are still expired so they are going to remain closed even if they offer the $99 to me.

I'll still be around. You wont get rid of me that easily just because I quit EQ. :)

ksmith
05-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Take care BA. I haven't played since shortly after the launch of eqitems. Don't let your accounts running out stop you from contributing :)

UnGod
05-25-2006, 06:00 PM
I retired from EQ long, long ago yet I still stop by here every now and again.

Going to miss you BA :)
Good luck with the job and the like!

HopalongKid
06-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I too had the $99 plan, and didnt get the renewal. I hear some people contacted SoE and got them to reinstate it.

So I just reupped with the 2yr plan for $200 for each account. So I got my $99 plan, however SoE got a total of $400 out of me. /shrug oh well

BA thanks for all you have done. I for one wouldnt have ever had SEQ without you and the others, since my Linux understanding is limited to typing what others tell me to.

LordCrush
06-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey BA,

have a good time and I hope to "see" you from now and then on the boards.

/cheer

-- Lord Crush

OgerSEQ
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
They got the $99 issue fixed. Check out the EQ forums for info, under veteran's lounge. I was lucky I guess, mine renewed the other day just fine, well after the issue was fixed.