PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ on Test/Beta (The Combine)?

brickWall
05-26-2006, 06:05 PM
ShowEQ works great on live servers... but not on The Combine beta. Is there an easy way to make ShowEQ work on test/beta servers?

Thanks

purple
05-26-2006, 06:44 PM
That probably depends on your definition of easy. There's no showeq --pleaseworkthanks or anything if that's what you are asking.

Whizzie Wiz
05-27-2006, 01:50 AM
At the very least, the opcodes appear to have changed on Test. I guess some more knowledgeable people here may be working on it already, but if not I guess I should spend some time on it too, before it gets pushed live and I get skittles-withdrawl symptoms. :)

brickWall
05-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't know much about linux, but if it's just data collection that needs to be done, I'd be glad to help, just tell me how.

tanner
05-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know much about linux, but if it's just data collection that needs to be done, I'd be glad to help, just tell me how.

Want to help? Sit back and relax and wait until changes are made to Live. Then purple will post a new tarball on sourceforge and you'll have your skittles.

Since purple is the only active developer/maintainer of the code, I personally don't want him "wasting" his time getting showeq working on Test.

Cryonic
05-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Changes to live don't guarantee that SEQ will work with test. Some attempts have been made to keep SEQ working with both, but Test was dropped as it was too much of a moving target for its opcodes and even changes to the network data structures to bother since it rarely translated into a benefit for the Live players with the next round of patches.

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-30-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll usually will have a shot at making things work with new betas, but I've not had the time to work on it, nor the interest in playing on the Combine server.

I have logged in and checked to see if any errors went by, and I've seen none, so things seem to be decoding properly, just opcodes aren't matching up. I'm better at picking out differences in packets (and I'm not that good at that) than I am finding opcodes.

Chrondike
06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Hopefully we'll get an update once Combine and Sleeper go live and the opcodes and stuff are stable

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-26-2006, 04:05 PM
There's a scheduled EQ patch Wednesday morning, which most likely will do the normal opcode switching. If they do, SEQ will be down for a day or a few, and purp will get it released when he can, which should then work for all servers, normal and Combine.

If they don't tweak opcodes between today and Wednesday, it could work as-is.

Cryonic
06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
It might help purple if more people were to work on the opcodes... might even speed up fixes/releases... But I forget... this is mostly a leechers place, heheh.

tarwyn
06-27-2006, 12:19 AM
They got some new networking code on test that sends up to 50% less data. Hopefully this won't become a problem for SEQ.

06/21 Test Patch Notes:

Network code has had some optimizations made, you may notice less network lag. About 50% less data is sent by the zone to the client, on average, than before.

-Tarwyn

will
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
i hope that doesn't mean that they only send a small radius of spawn info around you (like daoc, wow, etc.) because that would blow. even from a non-showeq standpoint, that just results in all sorts of mobs popping up late and things like that.

It might help purple if more people were to work on the opcodes... might even speed up fixes/releases... But I forget... this is mostly a leechers place, heheh.
I'd like to help with figuring out opcodes, but i'm not familiar with seq's workings at all. have there been any posts/writeups on how to find the correct offsets? I'll look around.

OgerSEQ
06-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Don't forget, track still has to work. If track works, SEQ will work, barring a radical redesign of EQ.

Cryonic
06-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Last time I checked they were only sending updates about mobs with X distance of you and your group mates. So, mobs in SEQ for large zones (e.g. SK) that wandered could jump quite a bit if you weren't following them around when you get near the last known position.

will
06-28-2006, 02:23 PM
showeq looks to be working fine (at least it's basic functions) on the regular server as of right now (servers just came up).

i hope it works on the progressions servers =\

DeathWish
07-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Edit: Ok nevermind, it works great, the only reason it wasn't working for me is my buffer was too small, I guess 200 players per zone is hard on seq with default settings >.<

Spaz
07-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Any way to incorporate the opcodes here http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5627 into SEQ ?

I've changed struct sizes a few times but have never manually changed opcodes.

I do tend to download and compile it on my own, so am familiar with that part of the process... just not sure if the codes there can be used "as is" and which file they'd go in. Have been looking at zoneopcodes.xml and worldopcodes.xml but am not sure if MySEQ and SEQ really use the same "stuff".

uRit1u2CBBA=
07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Not really - SEQ doesn't use memory offsets. It sniffs the network traffic directly.

My understanding is that the in-memory EQ structures are different than the network traffic structure, so each project needs to figure out new stuff independantly of each other if things change.