PDA

View Full Version : almost working perfectly :)

SuperNewb
05-29-2006, 07:29 PM
OS on the SEQ machine: RedHat ES4-u2 (kernel 2.6.9-22.EL)
SEQ Version: 5.4.0.0
qt version: 3.3.3-9.3
gcc version: 3.4.4
Gnome desktop

almost everything is working on SEQ.

It compiles, installs, runs, detects the EQ instance and loads everything on zoning just fine.

But, after the initial zone info load, it tracks and updates everything EXCEPT me /boggle. I had a friend running around with me and it kept him updated, I could see all the mobs and it was tracking spawns just fine, but my character never updates (no position changes, no buff updates, etc).

I did several searches and didn't see anyone else with this problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking at what might cause this problem?

Thanks all

Fatal
05-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Your SEQ box is seeing all the traffic from the server, but not from your pc is what it sounds like to me.

How is your LAN set up?

SuperNewb
05-29-2006, 10:06 PM
SEQ Linux box
|
|
Netgear hub-----------Linksys 54wrtg------------Cable Modem
|
|
Windoze Box

Pretty standard SEQ network fabric.

And thanks for the quick response. Now that you mention it, you are right that it looks like SEQ is listening to the server but not the Win Client side. New line of pondering for me =) Gonna go double-check my cabling.

OgerSEQ
05-30-2006, 12:19 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me, occasionally. I can usually fix it by restarting ShowEQ.

SuperNewb
05-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, I figured out what was going on.

I was connecting the Windoze box to the hub via a gigabit NIC (with speed forced to 100T half-duplex). And due to this, even though I could promiscuously sniff the packets going to and from that machine using the Linux box, I could not ping between the two machines on the hub. If I swapped the connection from the hub to the linksys switch, then the ping would go through.

I solved the problem by picking up a 10/100 NIC and connecting the Windoze machine to the hub via this. Now everything works like a charm :)

Thanks for all of your help.

mighty
07-04-2010, 02:42 AM
I've been a victim of this kind of problem since a long time but since last month I haven't encountered this again.
I hope all those having same kind of problem will benefit your solution SuperNewb.