PDA

View Full Version : Router trouble

Mrbigpimpin03
07-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey if im using a linksys router to connect to the net between my 2 computers, am i able to run showeq?

it looks like this,

Cable(from wall) -> Linksys ->linux box and eq box (seperate ethernet cables)

any help would be great! =)

purple
07-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Not without some work to force packets from the eq box through the linux box. But with some work, sure it would probably be ok. One way is to set the linux box as the gateway for the EQ box and then use iptables to forward out to the router from there. Another way would be an arp poisoner like ettercap. Search around here and I'd imagine you'd find talk about it.

Mrbigpimpin03
07-03-2006, 10:30 AM
wow... i thought i knew somthin bout comps but i understood like nothin in that post hehe, basicly i gotta tell the router to do what? and how? hehe thanks in advance

BlueAdept
07-03-2006, 03:10 PM
A hub passes traffic between each port. That is how another computer can sniff the packets.

There are a couple things you can do.

First one is to make your linux box your gateway. The traffic would go to the linux machine and then pass it to your linksys. The drawback is that it has to be running all the time that you use your windows box.

Next is to put a hub after the router and plug your boxes into that.

Third is to get a managed switch that will allow you to sniff the different ports.

Fourth is to run Ettercap. (I am rusty on this and haven't used it in many many years) From what I remember, you run it on your windows machine and give it the address of your linux machine. It will forward the packets to the one you specified.

There may be a few other ways to do it, but those are the most common.