PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

bulek92
02-21-2002, 12:55 PM
I quit playing EQ about 3-4 months ago and just got back into it. I ran seq back then, but I am having problems now. I did a fresh install of 7.2, installed all neede rpm's, cvs'd seq, and everything ran fine.

This is my setup (and was originally before I quit the first time):
Win98 machine with 2 NIC's, one for local network, one for cable modem.
Win98 machine running EQ
Laptop w/Linux 7.2

Now, the hub, a 3com Office connect, worked fine before. I can ping all three boxes from each other, so the local network is setup fine. I even loaded up the network monitor in 7.2 and While seq and EQ are running, I see it spiking like it should (receiving packets), but nothing comes up on screen. Well, I have another hub and hook it up and start seq and EQ again. This time I get the what I call 'radar' icon (showing me with circle around and line of sight) and about 4 mobs. But, when I moved in EQ, seq wouldn't update. Zoned out and back in and the same locations that first popped up, never left.

So my question is, has anyone ever seen this? Only thing I fogot to mention...I am running Sygate Home Network on the 2 Win98 machines. Now, it has built-in firewall protection, but I'm pretty sure I have it turned off. Anyhow, any suggestions from anyone?

SeqTester
02-21-2002, 01:22 PM
are you sure yor running 4.0? It sounds like you have 3.1.X

bulek92
02-21-2002, 01:49 PM
I did the install from the post that tgf wrote (on page 2 now). Guess I've been out of the loop too long :)