PDA

View Full Version : Maps show just a few lines

Tadyenrt
09-10-2006, 07:31 AM
I have a fresh installation on a new computer. The maps in the first several zones I tried show just a few lines. For instance, Vaksar shows just a couple of hallways. You can sortof tell where the zone boundries are just from the layout of the mobs, but no lines for rooms, etc. It seems like a height filter is set on, but moving vertically did not change anything.

Another Example: The Bazaar shows the hallways connecting the trader rooms, but the roooms themselves have no walls. You can just tell where they are 'cause they are full of toons around the perimeter.

Eastern Wastes, however, seemed to show all the lines I see on the in-game map. Although that in-game map is particularly sparse anyway.

I looked at the maps forum but have no idea what is being referenced. It seems that it is assumed that the reader has some background knowledge to put the posts into context. Also, I have Fedora 5, which does not appear to be the target audience.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
:confused:

purple
09-10-2006, 07:44 AM
Usually this is because you have black map lines shown on a black background, which understandably may not be the most readable choice.

Tadyenrt
09-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Dang. That was fast response. Thanks Purple! You are right, of course. I just zoned into Veksar and changed the background color to white and viola!

whoohooo! :D