PDA

View Full Version : Map Help

dayzed
09-24-2006, 11:40 PM
I can not figure out how to convert the SOE maps to SEQ. I downloaded all-soemaps from mapfiend and then open them in SEQ but i cant see any lines. when i save the map ...it does nothing. I have also trie save SOE map ..nothing ..can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Oh i downloaded Tanners maps and this was great but i would like to get the SS maps also :)

Any replies will be greatly appreciated !!

And i have checked the backround thing :)

uRit1u2CBBA=
09-25-2006, 07:21 AM
It's likely that it's due to black lines getting drawn against a black background. So they appear unseen.

What I do, is load the mapfiend SOE version of the map into SEQ, then Save it (which saves a copy in /root/.showeq/maps in SEQ format), then a run a script written a while back that I call "recolor.sh" Here's the content of the script:

perl -pe 's/#000000/grey100/g' $1

Make it executable :

chmod +x recolor.sh

Then run it like:

./recolor.sh {input file} > {output file}

Then I zone out and back into the zone that I want to see the map for.

tanner
09-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Step-by-step instructions in the debian package's README.Debian as well as all the links regarding maps.

dayzed
10-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Sweet thanks for the replies!!

I got it working, uRit1u2CBBA= was right with the backgrounds. I ran the script he showed and i think the problem was i DID NOT zone. I was just opening map. After i zoned everyting seemed to started working.

Thanks again!!

uRit1u2CBBA=
10-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, there's a problem I think that if you try to load a zone that's already loaded, it doesnt' do anything, so you have to load another zone first, then load the one you want - you could do this manually, or I did it with zoning out and in again.