PDA

View Full Version : Offsets, spawnstruct and other jargon

dudex
09-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Browsing the Help Desk, it appears there may not be a new version of SEQ for the new expansion because the old one is easily fixed by updating offsets.

Okay, sounds fun. I'm sure it's easy after you've already done it once or twice, though, but to those of us losers who have a hard enough time editing HTML with Notepad...

Which file exactly do we need to edit?!

Thanks. :o

purple
09-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Browsing the Help Desk, it appears there may not be a new version of SEQ for the new expansion because the old one is easily fixed by updating offsets.

That's MySEQ. The showeq changes are a little more extensive, but there's a patch posted that gets the map and spawn list mostly working.

Jaxxian
09-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I am afraid I am in the same boat as him. Even though I have been using SEQ for around 5 years now, keeping Linux and SEQ running is at the edge of my admittedly very feeble technical ability. I did try running the rpm thing CeleSEQ posted and it said it installed it, still says that if I do the list thing. I couldn't see any changes though and spent three hours trying to figure out what a RPM was and how I was supposed to use it. I even went to all the documents posted online about it. In the end I realized it was beyond me without making learning Linux my new hobby, heh.

Will there ever be a 5.6.0.0 for TSS released in the old tar format with the basic blurb on installing it? With trying to grind to get level 75 and all my AA's and being in a full time raiding guild I don't have much time right now but if I have to learn how to do all that stuff to make it work I will set some time aside for it in the future. Hopefully if you get bored you could do a standard release type thing. If not then thank you for all the work you have done up to this point Purple and the other devs since it has been what has kept me going to this point. Again thanks much folks.

uRit1u2CBBA=
10-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Official releases are always done in tarballs. If you don't like the RPMs, check them out. Links are always posted in the news section for the latest tarball downloads.

dudex
10-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Good call, Jaxx.

Yes, many many thanks to all involved for showeq. I haven't been using it for years and years, but I absolutely can't live without it when I go farming. It's also saved a number of lives for cases when I, a non-tracking class, am the designated puller in WoS. :)