PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Some TSS Information - Ignore Offsets

Seaxouri
10-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Here are the offsets for the 9/27/2006 and the new TSS Expansion.

Important changes!

There are new races, so please download the Races.txt file and place it in your client's 'cfg' subfolder. There should already be a Races.txt file there.. just overwrite it with this new one.
The level cap has increased to 75 (duh), so you will need to update your ConLevels.ini file, also located in your client's 'cfg' subfolder. Please note that a few cons will not jive with the in-game con, but most will work. For example, a 71 con to a 74 in-game is yellow, but in MySEQ it shows red. This cannot be corrected without a client change to the con color system. I don't think anyone should have major problems with it though. If you find that the new levels (71-75) need tweaking in ConLevels.ini, please post your findings here and we will get the cvs files updated.
Slower Systems
If you have a slower computer that is running the client, you can reduce choppiness in several ways.

Under Options->Options, change the Update Delay from 250msec (that means 4 times per second) to something like 1000msec (or 1 time per second).
Under Options->Map Settings, enable the Force Black Lines option. This will paint all lines in black, ignoring colors specified inside the map files. This greatly speeds up rendering time.
Under Options->Map Settings, disable Dynamic Alpha. This is a very nice mapping feature, but if it is choking your slow system, turn it off.
Rename the client's 'filters' subfolder to 'filters.keep'. This will disable the very nice filter feature, but will speed up the client. Some of these new TSS zones have over 800 mobs in them, which slows everything down. To put this into perspective, most zones until now had under 500, and typically 200-500. Even PoK on it's busier nights never really broke 600-700.
Never use the Collect Mob Trails option unless you know what you are doing (please read all stickies in these forums).
Read, Read, Read
There are several sources of information if you are having problems, or if you are interested in the history of this project, or if you just have time to kill.

Stickies in these forums
Release notes (client and server)
Spread the Word
Please spread the word about this version of MySEQ. If you have an account on Rexpage.com, try and spread the word. Those guys keep deleting my posts where I try and tell people about this alternate solution. Maybe if more people used it, we could get more people interested in making it better.

I don't want money. I don't want praise. All I ask is that you help spread the word. Thanks.

Special thanks to wpgxman and the others who helped get the new offsets out whilst I was away last week.

[File Info]
PatchDate=9/27/2006

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
SpawnHeaderAddr=0x886650
CharInfo=0x886650
TargetAddr=0x886668
ZoneAddr=0x8A4874
ItemsAddr=0x0

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NameOffset=0x74