PDA

View Full Version : Skittles dissapear

Ubermage
10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone else is experincing this problem, I zoned in various zonesie: Sunderrock Goru/kar Mesa and will see all the mobs as I run thru the zone the skittles will slowly dissapear. When at the camp all skittles except for the ones in the immediate area will dissapear the names in the spawn list remain and when I click on name it will show mob info and location but no skittle. Also when in Stoneroot, Dreadspire, Demi plane of Blood there are no skittles at all on map. I have the most resent offsets installed... Running as Server/Client

any help is greatly appricated....

Seaxouri
10-03-2006, 07:03 AM
It sounds like you have Depth Filter enabled. Try pushing F3 a few times to see if they re-appear.

Depth Filter does two things.
1) It affects what parts of the map are displayed. An imaginary sphere surrounds your character in 3D space, and map lines are drawn bold if they are inside the sphere, and drawn weak if they are outside the sphere. Dynamic Alpha will draw any lines inside the sphere bolder if the line is closer to the player, but weaker as the line nears the edge of the sphere.
2) It will hide skittles that are outside of the Z axis plane. Imagine a sandwich, where your character is inside the center of the sandwich. The top bread slice has a 'Z' value which is your character's 'Z' value plus the 'ZPos' value indicated on the client GUI. The bottom bread slice has a 'Z' value of your character's 'Z' value minus the 'ZNeg' value indicated on the client GUI. Any skittles whose Z values lie inside this sandwich will be displayed. All others will not be. Because of this, as you move around the zone, and your 'Z' value changes, this affects what skittles are displayed and which are hidden, because the sandwich is moving up and down as you move. You can adjust the thickness of the sandwich by adjusting these values (the defaults are 75). You can disable it altogether by pressing F3 or deselecting Options->Map Settings->Depth Filter.

elminster
10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I've got a similar problem, but I think it comes from a different source. When I die, if I choose to hover over my corpse and wait for a rez, MySEQ will only show new players entering the zone, and I THINK new NPC spawns. Anything already existing in the zone at the time of death disappear. If I respawn and bind and then take a rez, it works like a champ. My zone times aren't all that long, so it's no big deal to take the zone, just thought I'd mention it in case it was an identifiable bug.

dayzed
10-03-2006, 03:12 PM
i have seen this also when you leave some of the offsets in the ini file from a previous patch. In mine i had 2 sets of [Memory Offsets]. One located at the top where it is supposed to be and one at the bottom where i missed when i pasted the new in. after i removed the second [Memory Offsets] everything worked great. double check your ini file and make sure its clean

Ubermage
10-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Thank you very much, the depth filter seems to have made a great improvement in my maps/skittles.. looks GReat TY again for the info!!